A New Era for Sustainability at Radisson Hotel Group
April 2, 2019 - One of the first big milestones for this Responsible Business pioneer in the hospitality industry, was the introduction of the umbrella corporate brand – Radisson Hotel Group – leveraging the global brand recognition of Radisson. The company defined a new five-year strategy, in which Responsible Business is one of the essential drivers of delivering Memorable and Meaningful Moments to guests.
The 2022 priorities of Radisson’s Responsible Business program are to further reduce its carbon & water footprint by 10%, to focus on human rights in the supply chain, and on creating shared value in communities in the areas of Food, Shelter and Better Futures for disadvantaged children and youth.
The group’s worldwide Responsible Business focus areas and targets for 2018 – 2022 align with and contribute to the hotel industry International Tourism Partnership 2030 goals and to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Selected 2018 achievements include:
Think People – Caring about people in our hotels and value chain
- 207 Hotels certified by Safehotels Alliance
- The company’s third modern slavery and human trafficking statement has been issued
- Radisson Hospitality AB is recognized for the 9th year as one of the world’s most ethical companies
- 1.35 million hours of classroom and on-the-job training
Think Community – Contributing to communities with Food.Shelter.Future
- 1 million Euro donated to charity
- Radisson employees volunteered 29,000 in their communities
- The group launched its global partnership with SOS Children’s Villages and Radisson is supporting 219 individual children through child sponsorship in EMEA.
- Radisson’s towel reuse initiative helped to provide with safe drinking water for life to more than 24,000 children with Just a Drop
Think Planet – A better planet for all. Reducing our carbon footprint, energy, water and waste
- Further reduction of Energy and Water consumption in our hotels by 2.1% and 3.5% respectively
- The group’s Carbon footprint was reduced by 18.3% to 20.7 kg CO2e/Guest-night
- 34 hotels are using 100% renewable energy
- Carbon-free initiative for Radisson Blu Meetings & Events has offset 48,155 tons of CO2
- The number of eco-labelled hotels increased to 305, representing 80% of hotels
To read the full report, visit http://
ABOUT RADISSON HOSPITALITY AB
Radisson Hospitality AB is one of the largest hotel companies in Europe, the Middle East & Africa (EMEA).
Radisson Hospitality AB is a member of Radisson Hotel Group, the 11th largest hotel group in the world. Through a master franchise agreement with Radisson Hospitality, Inc. USA – Radisson Hospitality AB operates and develops hotel brands; Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, and Park Inn by Radisson, across EMEA; along with the Radisson Rewards loyalty program for frequent hotel guests.
Radisson Hospitality AB features a portfolio of over 500 hotels with more than 100,000 rooms in operation or under development in 78 countries across EMEA. Radisson Hospitality AB and its brands employ 45,000+ team members. Radisson Hospitality AB has an industry-leading Responsible Business Program and is named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the US think-tank Ethisphere nine times.
Radisson Hospitality AB is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium.
For more information, visit https://www.radissonhospitalityab.com/responsible-business
Media Contact Info:
IDA GUTIÉRREZ DE ESCOFET
Senior Advisor for Corporate Affairs
+32 2 702 9200
Global Senior Vice President Responsible Business and Safety & Security Inge.email@example.com
+32 2 702 9200