A Simple Way to Clean Water
The P&G water purification technology is an amazing innovation that quickly turns 10 liters of dirty, potentially deadly water into clean and drinkable water.
The packet was invented by P&G laundry scientists who were originally trying to separate dirt from used laundry water. They invented a breakthrough technology that can enable people anywhere in the world to purify dirty water in a simple, affordable and convenient way. The water purification technology was developed in collaboration with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and works in three ways: coagulation, flocculation, and disinfection.
The water purification packet contains a powdered mixture that has been proven to:
- Eliminate disease causing microorganisms
- Remove more than 99.99999% of common waterborne bacteria (including those that cause cholera), 99.99% of common waterborne viruses (including those that cause hepatitis A) and 99.9% of protozoa
- Reduce diarrheal disease incidence in the developing world by up to 90%
- Remove dirt and other pollutants
- Make clean drinking water for the entire family, including infants. The World Health Organization classifies the technology as providing comprehensive protection.