Barilla 2018 Sustainability Report "Good For You, Good For The Planet"
A commitment from field to fork
The Barilla Group has released its new Sustainability Report.
Highlights include Barilla’s answer to the complex scenario set by the international community and challenges related to the sustainability of the food and agricultural industry.
The report provides a representation of the strategies, projects and outcomes achieved by Barilla Group, with a view to creating long-term value for the Company and looking after the expectations of its stakeholders.
It represents a broad picture of the path defined for the years to come, with a clear Mission: Barilla’s products and brands must bring to the world food that is good, healthy and sourced from responsible supply chains, inspired by the Italian lifestyle and the Mediterranean Diet.
This Report is written in accordance with the standards for sustainability reporting issued by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), at Core Option level and includes Barilla’s United Nations Global Compact Communication on Progress.
2017 key results:
GOOD FOR YOU – Tasty, safe, quality and nutritionally balanced products
- 387 products reformulated for people’s wellbeing to reduce the content of salt, fats, saturated fats and sugar (since 2010)
- 99.4% of product volumes aligned with the most advanced quality and food safety standards
- Palm oil-free company
- More than 3 millions tests on products, along the supply chain
GOOD FOR THE PLANET – Sustainable supply chains from field to fork
- Sustainability projects defined for 100% of the strategic supply chains
- 40% of strategic raw materials come from responsibly managed supply chains
- -29% of CO2 emissions and -23% of water consumption per tonne of product, (compared to 2010)
- A Guideline on Animal Welfare, which covers 100% of meat and 94% of eggs purchases
- 99% of packaging of our products is recyclable
CHIEF COMMUNICATION AND EXTERNAL RELATIONS OFFICER