Commonwealth Bank of Australia Combines Financial and Non-financial Reporting in Its Latest Annual Report
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia has released its annual report for the 2018 financial year. The report includes a comprehensive view of the Bank’s non-financial progress and performance and is supplemented by a number of Spotlight articles detailing the Bank’s approach to financial education, financial wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, customer advocacy and climate change.
Kylie Macfarlane, General Manager Corporate Responsibility, Commonwealth Bank, believes the newly combined report sets out the contribution being made by the Bank and its commitment to responsible and sustainable business practices.
“More than 49,000 dedicated people serve more than 16 million customers across Australia and countries around the world. We reached a number of milestones across community investments, students accessing financial education, lending to renewable energy projects and cultural diversity in our workforce to name a few”, Macfarlane says.
- Reporting in line with the recommendations from the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
- Supporting our community with $290 million in community investment
- Awarding more than $10 million to 1,028 youth-focused organisations to celebrate the centenary of the Bank’s people’s charity, CommBank Foundation
- Helping more than 56,000 customers experiencing financial hardship
- Completing the roll-out of state-based Addressing Financial Abuse guides and a Domestic and Family Violence Emergency Assistance Program
- Embedding a more diverse and inclusive workplace with women comprising 44.6% of Manager roles and above
- Expanding lending exposure to renewable energy projects by $1 billion to $3.7 billion as of the end of June 2018
To read the 2018 Annual Report, visit: www.commbank.com.au/about-us/investors/annual-reports
The 2018 Spotlight Series can be found at: www.commbank.com.au/about-us/opportunity-initiatives/performance-reporting.html
About Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Commonwealth Bank of Australia is one of the largest listed companies on the Australian Securities Exchange and the most recognised brand in the Australian financial services industry. The Group provides retail, private, business and institutional banking services to more than 16 million customers in 11 countries.
Commonwealth Bank Media: email@example.com