Done and Said: Gas Natural Fenosa Publishes Its Corporate Responsibility Report
Gas Natural Fenosa is a leading multinational group in the energy sector and a pioneer in gas and electricity integration, with a balanced business mix, which supplies gas and electricity to nearly 22 million customers, in over 30 countries.
Its international presence puts it in an ideal position to be able to capitalise on the growth of new regions which are in the process of economic growth, making it one of the world’s most important operators.
Some of the main results in 2016 were:
- Strengthening of a generation mix based on gas and renewables and with a significant investment in wind and photovoltaic generation during the next years.
- Uninterrupted presence during 12 consecutive years in DJSI and present in the most important sustainability indexes (FTSE4GOOD, EuronextVigeo, MSCI, Ethibel, Stoxx).
- Leaders in global customer satisfaction in Spain.
- Meetings with Investors with ESG criteria that manage assets worth € 3.8 trillion (since 2012).
- Reduction of 13% of direct GHG emissions and more than 22% reduction in water consumption, compared to 2015.
- Reduction of more than 8% of energy consumption within the organization.
- Approximately 92% of the procurement budget goes to local suppliers.
- Employee training investment increased 33% over the previous year.
- Reduction of 44% in the frequency of accidents and 48% in accidents requiring sick leave, compared to 2015.
- Development of an Energy Vulnerability Plan to protect vulnerable customers, with a budget of 4.5 million euros, more than 20 specific measures and 60 employees full time dedication.
- Participation of more than 40,000 students in the educational activities of the foundation.
For further information on the actions taken and the sustainability performance during 2016, can be found here Corporate Responsibility Report 2016.