Europe 2017 Travel Award Cycle Opens
- All alumni of the European Amgen Scholars Programme currently enrolled in a PhD or MD-PhD programme are welcome to apply
- Funding will support attendance at scientific meetings, conferences and workshops; poster or oral presentation is not a pre-requisite for funding
- On acceptance of an award under the scheme, successful applicants agree to write a short report for the Amgen Scholars Community website within 2 months of the event attended
- Successful applicants will not be eligible to apply in subsequent years; unsuccessful applicants may reapply
- The scheme provides support for costs associated with travel, registration and accommodation, up to a maximum of £500 for a European conference or £1000 for an international conference
- A limited amount of funding is available. Annually we expect to make up to 6-8 awards to alumni of the European Amgen Scholars Programme
Submission of applications
- Applications should be made on the official form, and submitted electronically to the Amgen Scholars European Coordinating Centre using the e-mail address: email@example.com
- Please title your e-mail 'Application to the ASP alumni scheme'.
- You will also require an academic referee to submit a letter of support, either electronically or by post
- Applications and letters of support should be submitted by Wednesday 19 April 2017
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by Thursday 11 May 2017
Applications will be judged on academic achievement to date, and relevance of the meeting, conference or workshop to your continued scientific development.
To learn more about the Amgen Scholars Program, please visit our website and check out the #AmgenScholars hashtag on Twitter. Visit AmgenInspires.com and follow @AmgenFoundation to stay up to date with all STEM-related news from the Amgen Foundation.