FedEx Releases 2020 Global Citizenship Report
May 20, 2020 - FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) recently announced the release of its 2020 Global Citizenship Report (GCR), which details the company’s corporate social responsibility strategies, goals, programs and progress. The 12th annual report includes updates on the progress of the company’s citizenship goals in FY19, which ended May 31, 2019, and focuses on how the company connects the global economy through innovative technologies, pioneering approaches and customer-facing solutions. The release comes as the company continues to use its global network to keep commerce and aid moving during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Highlights from this year’s report include:
Our network connects people with possibilities and helps our customers grow and sustainably meet their shipping needs. As e-commerce continues to balloon, we’re exploring alternative ways to deliver. For example, RoxoTM the FedEx SameDay BotTM holds promise for for safely delivering smaller shipments to customers’ homes and businesses and is entirely electric — using only batteries that produce zero localized emissions. Additional highlights include:
- Between 2016 and 2019, we helped nearly 10,000 small business owners access loans to grow their businesses.
- In FY19, we increased spending directed toward diverse and small-business suppliers by 28% over FY18.
- In 2019 we marked the first scheduled residential delivery via drone in the U.S. through our collaboration with Wing. The drone features autonomous GPS navigation, reaches speeds of up to 65 m.p.h., and delivers within a 6-mile range, all with zero emissions.
People are at the heart of our corporate philosophy. Our focus on people is reflected in our “Safety Above All” culture and our commitment to provide a diverse, inclusive and welcoming workplace. We continued our investment in our people, including:
- Providing over $15.3M in tuition assistance to more than 7,500 employees.
- Expanding Learning inspired by FedEx (LiFE), a program developed by FedEx Express and the University of Memphis, which provides select hub team members the opportunity to earn a tuition-free degree online.
- Aiming to source the most up-to-date, sophisticated safety technology for our vehicle fleet. At FedEx Freight, 98% of road tractors now include roll stability, forward collision mitigation with active braking and lane departure avoidance.
Our efficient use of resources provides both cost savings and helps reduce our environmental footprint. For example, our enterprise-wide fuel and energy saving initiatives helped to avoid more than 3.14 million metric tons of CO2e emissions in the last fiscal year alone. Other highlights include:
- Upgrading our vehicle fleet, incorporating electric vehicles and making operational improvements avoided more than 250,000 metric tons of CO2e emissions in FY19.
- We anticipate Red Rock Biofuels will ship its first delivery of low-carbon, renewable jet fuel by the end of 2020.
- On-site solar systems at FedEx facilities generated more than 23 million kWh of clean energy in FY19.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenue of $70 billion, the company offers integrated business solutions through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 475,000 team members to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. To learn more about how FedEx connects people and possibilities around the world, please visit about.fedex.com.
# # #