Here's How Six Companies Take The Lead Supporting Working Mothers
VMware has distinguished itself among the 2017 JUST Capital Rankings as a leader in supporting working mothers.
The article, posted on Forbes, found that of the 875 companies ranked, VMware was among six companies that:
- Disclosed a detailed paid time off policy.
- Earned a top score for Paid Time Off on Glassdoor.
- Earned a top score for Work-Life Balance on Glassdoor.
- Provided flexible working hours or working hours that promote work-life balance.
- Provided day care services to employees.
- Had conducted and made public the results of an internal gender pay equity analysis.
The article goes on to state that "At VMware, parents receive 18 weeks of paid family leave, as well as a $250 allowance to be used at their discretion when their child is born. The company also provides support to parents in the process of conceiving, with a new benefit that covers in vitro fertilization and egg retrieval, as well as surrogate pregnancies, up to $10,000. VMware’s working parent initiatives also incorporate Rethink Benefits, a program that offers resources to employees raising children with Neurodiversity issues like Autism, Down’s syndrome, and other developmental difficulties."