Ivanhoé Cambridge Releases Second Combined Report and Affirms Its Sustainability Vision for 2020
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint. Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For the second year in a row, CSR and financial reporting has been fully combined into one activity report, demonstrating Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to integrate CSR into its business strategies.
The Company has developed a vision for 2020 to be recognized as a real estate industry leader in terms of CSR and to position itself as one of the most respected companies in this field. This commitment is built around five main objectives:
- Ensuring healthy living environments
- Guaranteeing optimal environmental performance
- Generating a meaningful and lasting impact in the communities where it operates
- Being recognized for its highly engaged talent
- Implementing governance best practices
“Corporate social responsibility is an integral part of the way we do business. It is at the heart of our decisions and actions.” said Daniel Fournier, Ivanhoé Cambridge’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
2017’s CSR Highlights:
- 89% of the Company’s managed buildings have at least one environmental certification
- 11.7% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions in the past year
- + 4,700 hours of volunteer work in the community by the Company’s employees
- 55% of salaried employees are women, with a 30.6% representation on the senior management team
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s approach, practices and many initiatives set in motion are recognized by the following organizations:
- IPE Real Estate Global Awards: Best Global Investor of the Year (May 2018)
- GRESB: Green Star ranking for a third consecutive year. The results put the Company in the top 10% compared to its fellow private real estate companies with diversified portfolios.
- Mediacorp Canada: One of Canada's Top 100 Employers for a sixth consecutive year
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s combined report “Real estate is about more than buildings — it’s about how we live” has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards: Core option and presents the Company’s commitment to the United Nations’ sustainable development goals.
For more information, write to email@example.com