Securing Opportunities. Adding Value.
Dexus has released its 2019 Annual Report, an integrated report that outlines the strategy, key resources and business activities undertaken to create sustained value in the FY19 reporting period (1 July 2018 – 30 June 2019).
Dexus is a Top 50 entity by market capitalization listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, and directly owns $15.6 billion of office and industrial properties in Australia. Dexus manages a further $16.2 billion of office, retail, industrial and healthcare properties on behalf of its third party capital partners.
The 2019 Annual Report outlines how the business created value through the key objectives of:
- Sustained Value: delivering sustained economic performance through effective integration of Dexus’s Sustainability Approach and strong corporate governance
- Leading Cities: contributing to the growth and prosperity of Australia’s major cities through $1.6 billion gross value added to the economy and supporting 10,149 construction jobs from development activity
- Thriving People: building an engaged, inclusive and high-performing workforce, evidenced by a +40 employee Net Promoter Score and achieving 37% female representation in senior and executive management roles (up from 34% in FY18 and progressing towards the target of 40% by FY21)
- Future Enabled Customers and Strong Communities: enhancing customer relationships (+46 customer Net Promoter Score, up from +32 in FY18), supporting local communities (over $1.2 million community contribution), and extending economic impact (over $550 million spent with operational suppliers)
- Enriched Environment: improving portfolio efficiency and mitigating climate risk, meeting targets to reduce energy consumption and emissions by 10% (FY15 baseline) and progressing towards net zero emissions by 2030 across the group managed portfolio
Dexus’s 2019 Annual Report explains the initiatives that define Dexus’s integrated approach to sustainability, resulting in strong performance on leading ESG indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark.
Over the FY19 reporting period, Dexus received certification from the Science Based Targets initiative, confirming that its target to achieve net zero emissions by 2030 is aligned with the objectives of the Paris Agreement. To support its net zero ambitions, Dexus secured an innovative Energy Supply Agreement to deliver renewable energy generated offsite for over 40 properties across its portfolio.
Dexus continues to progress its inclusion and diversity priorities, and was recognised as an employer of choice for gender equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency for the second year in a row. Dexus also signed up to the UN Global Compact, signalling its commitment to uphold human rights in its operations and supply chain, including identifying, assessing and mitigating modern slavery risk.
Dexus’s 2019 Annual Report is supported by comprehensive sustainability reporting that provides extended detail on ESG indicators in accordance with the GRI Standards (Core) reporting framework. Dexus’s sustainability reporting (2019 Sustainability Performance Pack, 2019 Sustainability Data Supplement, 2019 Disclosures on Management Approach) can be downloaded here.
+61 2 9017 1446