T-Mobile Prepares for Hurricane Fiona
Hurricane Fiona strengthened to a Category 3 hurricane as it moved away from Puerto Rico, although localized flash and urban flooding is still possible. Recovery efforts are underway.
In the USVI, retail stores are open regular hours and there is no impact to our network.
T-Mobile’s network continues to hold up well in Puerto Rico, with many sites operational. Teams and recovery assets are working to restore impacted areas as conditions allow, focusing on the most impacted locations. Flooding, lack of road access and the continued power outage will impact speed of restoration.
In Puerto Rico, stores are beginning to open to serve customers, and additional stores will open as conditions allow. Hours may change, and to find an open store near you, go to: t-mobile.com/stores/locator.
If you need any support or have questions about your account or service, you can also dial 611 or 1-800-937-8997 from your handset.
T-Mobile’s Community Support team is working with the local community and nonprofit partners to provide assistance to the community.
If you are in an area that could be affected, please follow any evacuation orders issued by local authorities and do your best to keep safe.
In the meantime, we encourage customers to take the following steps to prepare for Hurricane Fiona.
- Make a disaster kit. Include things like batteries, snacks, water, first aid kit, flashlight and equipment chargers.
- We recommend that you update contact numbers for your family, friends and emergency services. Make sure they are saved and backed up and written somewhere accessible.
- Subscribe to local authority text alerts and connect with local authority social media to learn about new developments before, during and after the hurricane.
- Keep your mobile devices fully charged. Keep charging cables handy and consider investing in a car or portable charging device.
- Download emergency assistance apps from the American Red Cross and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Make sure your phone supports wireless emergency alerts and that you have enabled notifications on your device. Visit t-mobile.com/wea for details on setting up alerts on T-Mobile and Sprint devices.
- Set up Wi-Fi Calling on your phone. For Apple devices, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling; for Android devices, go to Settings > More Connection Settings > Wi-Fi Calling.