CECP’s 2020 Look Ahead
As companies settle in this world of “corporate purpose”, 2020 will focus on what those purpose statements mean—moving from words to action. Strength will be in solutions, not rhetoric. Stakeholders will be the golden thread of corporate purpose, requiring companies to understand what matters to them, meet their needs in line with the business, work with partners to get the work done, measure in more robust ways, and engage them in meaningful work. The themes of the 2020 CECP Look Ahead are:
- Purpose Advocacy: Companies will identify and support issues that are middle of the road yet have broad support, tied to their purpose.
- Stakeholder Capitalism: Businesses will build their strategies around stakeholder needs beyond just the shareholder.
- Collaborative Action: Addressing time-sensitive global issues, companies will move quickly together for mutual benefit.
- Metrics that Matter: Expanding the rigor of measurement to show impact of business on society, companies will increasingly utilize environmental, social, and governance (ESG) metrics as core practice.
- Reskilling America: Matching the pace of change of global business, companies will upgrade the skills of the workforce to engage greater numbers in the jobs that will define the economy.
Read the rest of CECP's look ahead on our blog: https://cecp.me/36ZldBb