Comcast NBCUniversal Earns No. 7 Spot on DiversityInc’s Top 50 List
We are pleased to announce that Comcast NBCUniversal was ranked No. 7 on DiversityInc’s 2018 Top 50 Companies for Diversity List, up 12 spots from 2017.
Thanks to our senior leadership commitment, strong recruitment efforts, and supplier diversity initiatives, this is the fifth consecutive year that our ranking has improved. In particular, DiversityInc attributes Comcast NBCUniversal’s position in the top ten to our significant growth in the number of diverse leaders at every level, as well as our best-in-class commitment to Supplier Diversity.
Comcast NBCUniversal was also ranked on six of DiversityInc’s 2018 Specialty Lists:
- Internal Diversity Councils: For the first time, we ranked No. 12 out of 15 on the Diversity Councils Specialty List.
- Employee Resource Groups: In another first for 2018, we were included on the Employee Resource Groups Specialty List, ranking No. 10 of 12.
- Veterans: We ranked No. 6 of 15 on the 2018 Veterans Specialty List, up from our previous No. 9 ranking.
- People with Disabilities: For the second year in a row, we ranked No. 4 of 12 on the 2018 People with Disabilities Specialty List.
- LGBT Employees: We appeared on the LGBT Employees Specialty List for the second consecutive year in 2018 (this list is not ranked).
- Supplier Diversity: We ranked No. 2 of 11 on the 2018 Supplier Diversity Specialty List, up from No. 5 in 2017.
“This recognition is a testament to our philosophy that diversity and inclusion is not a program or initiative, but an integral part of our core business strategy,” said David L. Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer. “Everyone across our enterprise is accountable for ensuring we operate with diversity and inclusion in mind – from our employees who develop our diverse content and inclusive products, to our suppliers and community partners who support the diverse communities we serve.”
Learn more about our DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity rankings here.