It's April - and That Means It's Keep America Beautiful Month
As communities across the country practice social distancing, there are still ways to join the nation’s leading community improvement nonprofit organization and make an impact in your community – virtually.
Here are 10 ways to #DoBeautifulThings while keeping yourself and your neighbors healthy and safe during Keep America Beautiful Month.
- Recycling regulations are shifting in some communities due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and guidelines from the CDC. Click here for recycling tips during COVID-19 and always check what you can and can’t recycle locally.
- Remember to place used gloves, wipes, and masks in the trash after using them. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is increasingly becoming a litter problem posing a threat to the environment as litter and to those who pick them up. These items should be properly disposed of in the trash, not on the ground.
- Take the #BeRecycled Pledge and check out the many ways Keep America Beautiful is working to improve recycling across the U.S. By educating and engaging individuals to recycle properly, we can help make recycling more economically viable, create jobs, and provide recyclables to manufacture new products and packaging, while continuing to reap greater environmental and community benefits.
- Take explorations of the great outdoors to the next level — from the comfort and safety of your own home. Click to learn how you can visit national parks, virtually.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to follow the conversation and receive updates from our organization.
Continue here for more tips!