ON Semiconductor Recognized for its Sustainability Efforts
ON Semiconductor’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program has grown substantially since its inception in 2008, initially focusing solely on compliance and audit via membership with the Responsible Business Alliance, to now including corporate citizenship, ON Semiconductor Foundation (corporate giving, employee volunteerism) and social/sustainability investing assessments.
Over the last few years, ON Semiconductor has received recognition several times for our CSR efforts. The most notable include:
- Calvert Research and Management produced a sustainability score for the 1,000 largest publicly traded companies headquartered in the US and then ranked them for Barron’s producing the top 100. The five key categories the companies are evaluated on are shareholders, employees, customers, community and planet.
Included on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (North America) for 2019 and 2020
- The Dow Jones Sustainability Index selects companies for their excellent sustainability through the assessment of criteria such as corporate governance, customer relations, environmental policy, working conditions and social initiatives. This index serves as benchmark for those investors that seek to integrate sustainability considerations into their portfolios
Listed on Newsweek’s first ranking of America’s Most Responsible Companies
- Newsweek partnered with Statista Inc. to ranked the top 300 companies headquartered in the US based on publicly available key performance indicators derived from corporate annual reports, CSR reports, sustainability reports and corporate citizenship report, as well as an independent survey among 6,500 US citizens with topics centered in environment, social and governance.
Awarded a Gold Medal for our EcoVadis CSR Rating in 2019 and 2017
- EcoVadis measures the quality of a company’s CSR management system through its policies, actions and results. The assessment is based on four themes including environment, labor and human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement. Companies are asked to provide responses and supporting evidence related to topics such as energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, product use, customer safety, employee health and safety (EHS), career management and training, anti-discrimination and harassment, anti-competitive practices, and supplier social performance.
ON Semiconductor’s Reclamation Center has won two separate awards for their recycling efforts
- In 2019, our reclamation center was awarded Arizona Recycler of the Year (Large Business) by the Arizona Recycling Coalition and recognized as a Sustainability Champion from Arizona Forward for their outstanding contribution towards sustainability.
Became a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Global Compact in 2019
- The UN Global Compact encourages collaboration between participating companies, UN agencies, labor groups and societies. In addition, it provides a framework of 10 principles (focused on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption) to take actions that advance societal goals. There are currently over 10,000 organizations representing 161 countries participating.
ON Semiconductor‘s strong commitment to CSR and these achievements are a testament to the hard work and dedication of their leadership team and employees. And, in order to meet the needs of the social responsibility growth trajectory for our company, as well as those of our communities, ON Semiconductor’s core CSR team has grown over the past year. Lana Hall’s primary role, on the CSR team, is to oversee CSR reporting as well as social and sustainability investment assessments.
Through our CSR initiatives, we aim to be a good corporate citizen by creating an environment that not only helps the planet and the local communities where we operate, but also a place where our employees are proud to work.
Learn more about our sustainable practices in our 2018 CSR Report.