One Plant; Many Stories
Findlay, Ohio is a town with a storied history.
It started with Colonel James Findlay, who built a road and stockade in the area to transport and shelter his troops during the War of 1812. This stockade was later named Fort Findlay in his honor, with the town of the same name sprouting up after the war. Decades later, the town of Findlay was a stop for slaves traveling along the Underground Railroad. From the 1880s until the early 20th century, the area was a booming center of oil and gas production.
Whirlpool Corporation is another integral part of that story. For more than 50 years, its Findlay Operation has been producing dishwashers for a number of brands. The plant holds the honor of being the first one built by Whirlpool Corporation, as well as the first plant to utilize wind power. With more than 2,600 employees, it’s the top employer in Hancock County.