SSD Vicki's Top 3 Reasons to Join the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community
SSD Vicki is only three months old, and this is going to be her first time walking in the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community to support Susquehanna Service Dogs. Here are her top three reasons for joining the Highmark Walk.
- Exercise! What could be better than going for a long walk in the spring? Sun, green grass, bright flowers, all of the great smells and new people--I can't wait! Plus, the Highmwark Walk route through the Harrisburg Area Community College campus is accessible and dog-friendly!
- Food! Everyone who walks for Susquehanna Service Dogs in the Highmark Walk on May 18 is invited to a picnic afterwards. I wish I were allowed to eat some too, because it's going to be delicious!
- Changing lives! Every penny raised for SSD in the Highmark Walk goes directly to SSD to train dogs like me to become service dogs. In about two years, I'll meet my new partner, and I'll open doors, pick things up, find the phone, and more so he or she can be more independent. I have a lot to learn, but with your help, I'll get there!
How can you support Vicki and SSD in the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community?
- Sign up for the Highmark Walk, raise money, and walk on May 18, 2013.
- Can't make it? Be a virtual walker.
- Make a donation.