Visa Delivers on Strategic Priorities as a Responsible Corporate Citizen
(3BL Media/Justmeans) – Companies with a global reach have a responsibility to use their business to help improve lives and create a better world. These companies can drive sustainable economic growth, promote financial inclusion, and support communities where they operate as a responsible corporate citizen.
Visa has now published its 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report, “Everyone, Everywhere,” which demonstrates how the company is operating as a responsible, ethical and sustainable business. The report highlights the company’s efforts to fulfilling its mission to connect the world through its global digital payment network and help enable individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Visa is transforming commerce by delivering innovative, reliable and secure ways to pay. The company has opened regional innovation centers, built new partnerships supporting Internet of Things, and continues to invest in smarter technologies to ensure payment security.
Visa’s achievements in 2016 in various areas highlighted in the report include:
Investing in People
Visa is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the best and brightest.
- Launched Visa University through physical campuses in San Francisco area and Singapore plus a new global virtual campus to support employee professional development
- Developed new leadership principles, training modules and the Visa Leadership Accelerator program
- Expanded advancement of women through its White House Equal Pay Pledge, Women Leadership Training, Ready to Return program and support of female entrepreneurs
Visa’s remains committed to being a good global citizen through its initiatives to empower consumers, give back to its local communities and respond in times of need.
- Reached cumulative 40 million+ individuals via Visa’s financial literacy programs, now offered in 42 markets around the world
- Volunteered 18,291 hours by employees across 78 Visa offices
- Distributed $25 million+ worldwide to charities by Visa and its employees via the Visa Matching Gifts Program since 2008
Visa is committed to operating as an ethical, responsible and sustainable company throughout its operations and supply chain.
- Maintained 50 percent of Board of Directors with ethnic, gender and national diversity
- Trained more than 600 participants from 17 countries through Visa School of Public Policy
- Achieved LEED green-building certification for 57 percent of corporate real estate portfolio by square footage; an additional 8% is pending certification review
Visa is committed to closing the global gap in access to the benefits of electronic payments and other financial products.
- Continued adopting and tailoring its core business lines and establishing commercial and philanthropic partnerships to expand access
- Empowered women entrepreneurs, including in India and Nigeria
- Partnered with governments to drive financial inclusion in China, Egypt and the Dominican Republic
Among many awards detailed in the report, Visa was named to the FTSE4Good Index and received its fifth consecutive recognition on the World’s Most Ethical Companies list by Ethisphere Institute.
Source: 3BL Media