Voya Financial Focuses on a Sustainable Future for Stakeholders
(3BL Media/Justmeans) – Running a premier financial company in the world’s largest national market comes with a vital responsibility to all stakeholders and communities. These companies can use their core competency of financial knowledge to empower and educate the people as well as operate in way that positively impacts the society and the environment.
Voya Financial has published its 2016 Corporate Responsibility annual report, Corporate Responsibility for Tomorrow, which details the company’s performance and its progress to date in relation to the pillars of its CR program: Empowering Our People, Serving Our Clients, Investing in Communities and Protecting the Environment.
The report, written in accordance with the GRI standards, demonstrates areas where Voya outperforms the competition, such as gender diversity, employee volunteerism and employee giving. It also describes the Voya Investment Management ESG Investment Program, which is part of the company’s focus on responsible products and services that help clients plan, invest and protect their assets.
Voya Financial Chairman and CEO Rodney O. Martin, Jr. said that the company believes that by executing on its CR strategy, which includes creating a diverse and inclusive culture, making a difference in the lives of individuals with special needs and disabilities, and educating current and future generations regarding financial resilience, Voya simultaneously advances the success and longevity of its business.
Voya earned a certification as a 2016 Great Place to Work, and achieved many ‘firsts’ across the organization, including:
- Named to the 2016 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Launched Voya Cares, designed to help people with special needs, and caregivers, plan for the future
- Introduced a new Voya Foundation strategy – Financial Resilience – which focuses on STEM and financial student education and teacher training
- Launched phase one of its Financial Wellness program providing employees with the knowledge, tools and resources to take control of their financial lives
- Placed 24 senior leaders on nonprofit boards, enabling us to create deeper connections in the communities in which we live and work
- Formalized ESG integration within its Investment Management business
Voya Financial also continued to earn recognition from various organizations as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, as one of the Newsweek’s Top US Green Companies, and as a company committed to diversity, inclusion and equality.
Source: 3BL Media