One of the most vital roles that Earth Day plays is to serve as an opportunity to educate. Keep America Beautiful (KAB) shares this commitment to education. In fact, one of its 2013 Vibrant Communities Impact Goals is the goal of educating 250,000 children about the environment.
Keep America Beautiful Helps Decrease the Main Recycling Barrier: Convenience
STAMFORD, Conn., April 18, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Colleges, K-12 schools, nonprofits and local governments will advance their recycling efforts this summer thanks to a significant grant made possible by The Coca-Cola Foundation. The winning communities, schools, universities and organizations will receive between 5,000 and 5,200 recycling bins. Over 70 percent of the bins are designed specifically for permanent, ongoing use in heavily-trafficked public spaces and events, with the remaining 30 percent to be used by students in college residence halls.
This spring, Keep America Beautiful affiliates across the country are participating in a variety of activities during this year’s Great American Cleanup that help support our 2013 Vibrant Communities Impact Goals.
Last month, 1,200 Keep Little Rock Beautiful volunteers picked up litter and storm debris and raked leaves in 23 neighborhoods and nine parks, and at six schools. The efforts of Keep Little Rock Beautiful support our goal of cleaning and restoring 200,000 public acres and sites to build and sustain safer, cleaner communities.
Utility Ranks 37th among United States Companies in “100 Best Corporate Citizens” List Published by CR Magazine
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. April 15, 2013 /3BL Media/ – Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) has once again been named to the 100 Best Corporate Citizens list – a comprehensive ranking of Russell 1000 publicly held U.S. companies that best advance corporate responsibility and sustainability through disclosure, policy and performance. This is the sixth consecutive year that PG&E has been included in the 100 Best Corporate Citizens list.
WASHINGTON, D.C., April 15, 2013 /3BL Media/ – Recycling rivalries added another level of “madness” to March this year, as 523 schools competed in the RecycleMania Tournament, which harnesses the competitive spirit around sports rivalries and uses them to increase campus recycling and waste reduction.
April 16, 2013 /3BL Media/ - StartSomeGood has partnered with leading financial services provider ING DIRECT to launch Dreamstarter, a groundbreaking CSR/crowdfunding initiative to boost the social enterprise sector.
Great American Cleanup Encourages Volunteers to Take Action in Their Communities
This weekend, Keep America Beautiful is mobilizing millions of volunteers as part of the Great American Cleanup, the nation’s largest community improvement program that runs from March through May. Every spring, the Great American Cleanup is activated in more than 20,000 communities and engages upwards of 4 million volunteers who take action to improve their local communities.
Target Rock Advisors Recognizes Utility’s Performance on Economic, Environmental and Social Sustainability
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., April 3, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) announced today that it has been named one of the nation’s three most sustainable large utilities by Target Rock Advisors, and has also been included in Target Rock’s 2013 Sustainable Utility Leaders Index (SULI).
Country’s Largest Community Improvement Movement Features Events in Nine Cities
STAMFORD, Conn., April 4, 2013 /3BL Media/ - The Great American Cleanup, Keep America Beautiful’s flagship program, is conducting its second annual “National Day of Action” on Saturday, April 6, with volunteer initiatives taking place throughout the country. The day serves as a national platform to encourage volunteerism through Keep America Beautiful (KAB), the nation’s leading nonprofit that brings people together to build and sustain vibrant communities.
Utility Plans Over 100 Employee Volunteer Projects during National Volunteer Month in April
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., April 1, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) today announced its first-ever Month of Service program, featuring over 100 employee volunteer projects throughout Northern and Central California during National Volunteer Month in April. PG&E will partner with HandsOn Network and Points of Light, a leading volunteer organization, on these different projects.