Aramark Celebrates World Vegetarian Day
It's World Vegetarian Day, an annual celebration of plant-based lifestyles.
As part of its Healthy for Life® 20 By 20 commitment with the American Heart Association (AHA), Aramark is finding creative ways to include more fruits and vegetables on menus, as well as joining in plant-based culinary trainings with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) to bring even more innovation to recipes. More than 200 Aramark chefs have participated in a series of plant-based culinary trainings.
Today, at Aramark:
- 30 percent of the menu selections Aramark serves are vegetarian or vegan across healthcare facilities, universities and corporations as part of our efforts
- Menu items include:
- Ethnic flavors like curried vegetable lentil stew
- Everyday favorites like buffalo cauliflower
- Healthy breakfasts like "overnight" apples and oats
- In addition, a plant-forward menu icon has been added to food displays to help people identify vegetarian options
For more information, visit our Nourish blog.