Aramark Opens Baseball Season with Roster of Mouthwatering Better-For-You Items
PHILADELPHIA, March 17, 2017 /3BL Media/ – Hungry baseball fans looking for better-for-you choices at the ball park will discover a new roster of great-tasting options added to the menu courtesy of Aramark, the award-winning food and beverage, retail and facilities services partner at ten MLB stadiums.
With Major League Baseball's Opening Day quickly approaching, Aramark has expanded its menu to provide fans with greater variety and choice as part of its Healthy for Life 20 By 20 initiative.
Culinarians at the ballparks spent the off-season developing the new recipes and innovative concepts to further enhance the game day dining experience. The new concepts include six healthier options:
- Caribbean Grilled Chicken Salad (Rogers Centre) – House made chicken salad with fresh romaine, marinated black beans, orange segments, pickled red onions, shredded carrots and toasted coconut in a honey lime vinaigrette
- Farmer’s Market Grain Bowl (Citizens Bank Park) - Toasted red quinoa, brown rice, sweet peppers, cucumbers, radish, baby herbs, honey balsamic vinaigrette
- Fenway Farms (Fenway Park) - The rooftop farm at Fenway Park, providing fresh produce to the ballpark, is aiming to grow over 7,500 pounds of organic produce this season, with different seasonal offerings in concessions at the new, make-your-own fresh salad and fruit bar
- Rainbow Kale Caesar Salad (Rogers Centre) – Fresh rainbow kale with shaved parmesan cheese, croutons and crispy bacon
- Toasted Tofu (PNC Park) - Citrus-tamari marinated tofu, sriracha mayo, and sticky mint cabbage slaw on toasted gluten free bread
- Ultimate Vegan Burger (PNC Park) - A beefless patty, topped with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, dill pickles, and vegan sauce, served on a sesame seed bun
“As sports’ food and beverage expert, creating a menu complete with unique and distinctive options has always been a hallmark of ours,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “Our culinary teams work tirelessly to create menus that are on-trend and full of variety and complementary flavors and this year’s offerings, once again, set the standard for ballpark dining.”
Aramark is the proud partner of ten Major League Baseball teams, providing food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services to the Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres and Toronto Blue Jays.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.