Caterpillar's Human Rights Policy
At Caterpillar, we are committed to respecting internationally recognized human rights throughout our global operations.
Our salient issues are determined based on consultation and requests from our stakeholders, our Code of Conduct and our human rights impact assessment. We focus on nine salient issues that put us at risk of having a negative impact on rights-holders through our activities or business relationships. We recognize that other human rights may become greater priorities over time, and we regularly review our priority areas.
• Child Labor
• Wages and working hours
• Discrimination and harassment
• Health and safety
• Forced labor and human trafficking
• Impacts on local communities
• Controversial use of Cat® equipment
• Doing business in conflict-affected areas
• Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining