Whirlpool Corporation and Habitat for Humanity Collaborate on Ottawa, Ohio, Home
The home was built for a young couple in their early-30s and has a house plan that is fully handicap accessible to meet this couple’s needs.
- The home is built to Energy Star 3.0 certifications and Enterprise Green Community guidelines. The energy efficient home will lower the monthly utility bills and has greatly reduced the chemicals in the composite wood produces, insulation, paints, sealants, caulk and adhesives.
- Thirty-seven Whirlpool Ottawa Division volunteers have worked over 190 hours on the home.
- Whirlpool volunteers have been involved in every aspect of the construction from digging and pouring the foundation, raising the walls, roofing, interior finishing, painting, appliance installation and cleaning.
- In addition to the Whirlpool-donated range and refrigerator, the Ottawa division has donated a garage freezer to every Habitat home built by Putnam County Habitat for Humanity.
- This is the sixth home built by Putnam County HFH since its founding in 2009. The affiliate was formed after a major flood in 2007 damaged or destroyed 65% of the homes and businesses in Ottawa, Ohio.
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation is the world's leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, with annual sales of approximately $19 billion in 2011, 68,000 employees, and 66 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Consul, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Additional information about the company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com.