Job Opening: Corporate Programs Coordinator
Social Accountability International (SAI) advances human rights at work, driven by diverse perspectives to navigate evolving labor issues. We design and implement innovative processes that empower and inspire stakeholders and facilitate partnerships.
SAI is a leader in implementation: documenting social accountability standards, delivering practical tools and building capacity for organizations to implement such standards. SAI develops partnerships to train workers, managers, auditors, government agency staff and NGOs, using key tools such as the SA8000 Standard, on-line Social Fingerprint, handbooks for implementation of UN and IFC principles, corporate membership and a variety of professional development courses such as building worker-manager teams, professional development for auditors, and advanced capacity development for facility and supply chain managers. SAI Corporate Members include Gucci, HP, Walt Disney Company, Tchibo, Timberland, Otto and Eileen Fisher. Its work is funded by the US, Dutch, German and UK government aid agencies, by fees for training courses and member services, by foundations and individuals, and by companies seeking ethical working conditions in their supply chains.
SAI’s Corporate Programs department works with Corporate members and other client organizations, to improve the management systems and performance of companies and their supply chains with respect to labor standards and human rights. The work involves training, consulting and other initiatives to integrate business and social performance.
Objectives: Reporting to the Corporate Programs Manager, the Coordinator will support the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Programs department. The Coordinator will join a small, fast-paced office and will be expected to contribute in all departments as needed.
A key element of the job will be to improve utilization of systems and tools to increase the efficiency of service delivery. The primary objectives are to:
- improve service delivery to existing Corporate members
- maintain and improve service quality in customized training and technical assistance programs for member and other client companies
- support the expansion and utilization of the online Social Fingerprint® management systems program
The responsibilities of the Corporate Programs Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following. Although administrative support may be available in the future, the Coordinator is part of a small department and must expect a significant amount of administrative duties and balancing multiple projects.
- Work with senior staff on service delivery to all SAI Corporate members, including:
- Schedule and coordinate completion and reporting of Social Fingerprint® Supply Chain self-assessments and independent evaluation for Corporate members
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly webinars for Corporate members
- Coordinate and track the delivery of Social Fingerprint® courses for Corporate members’ internal staff and supplier companies
- Support the development of online toolkit for Corporate members
- Track overall usage of all SAI services by each Corporate Member annually
- Support the delivery of custom projects for members and other clients
- Conduct research to support training and services for members and other clients
- Provide customer service for companies using Social Fingerprint® online courses and tools, including self-assessment
- Plan Social Fingerprint® independent evaluations for members and client companies, coordinating with HQ and global staff for all scheduling and follow-up
- Track Social Fingerprint® course registrations, working with bookkeeper to issue invoices when needed
- Manage Social Fingerprint® training database and reporting tool to generate internal and client reports
- Work with the Corporate Programs Manager and the Training Dept to develop new Social Fingerprint courses and tools for members and client companies
Communications and Marketing
- Support relevant staff to develop and distribute marketing materials for Corporate Programs membership and flagship services, e.g. SA8000, Social Fingerprint®, TenSquared
- Respond to inquiries for information on SAI’s Corporate Membership program and other client services
- Contribute to newsletter articles and other organizational releases related to Corporate Programs and Social Fingerprint
- Edit and maintain website content related to Corporate Programs
- Support SAI representatives at conferences and events
Qualifications and Core Competencies
Experience and Education:
- Education: BA in relevant discipline required.
- Familiarity and experience with international workplace human rights, CSR & labor issues and organizations strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in professional office setting
- Strong project management experience, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects and make decisions to prioritize tasks
- Experience with both a nonprofit or social enterprise and with a private sector employer a plus
- Intermediate-advanced knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with databases and web-based tools
- Strong written and verbal communications, including presentations and marketing
- Strong organizational skills with ability to create and enhance systems and processes
- Ability to manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage aggressive deadlines, maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, team-orientation and a willingness to experiment, keen attention to detail and time management
- Resourcefulness, with an orientation to measurable results
- Passion for our mission
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants MUST include job title in the subject line of their email submission.
The position is at SAI Headquarters in New York City. Compensation commensurate with experience and appropriate for a charitable organization of SAI’s size. Excellent benefits package. SAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.