11th Annual CECP Board of Boards Convening of CEOs
New York, January 11, 2016 /3BL Media/ - Fifty CEOs of the world’s largest companies will convene at CECP’s 11th annual Board of Boards: Competing for the Long Run, February 29, 2016 in New York, NY. A Forbes-named top three “power player” event for CEOs, the Board of Boards is a closed-door, CEO-to-CEO forum on the case for thinking long-term about business and societal strategies. CEO speakers include:
- David Abney, CEO, UPS
- Mitch Barns, CEO, Nielsen Holdings plc
- Mark T. Bertolini, Chairman & CEO, Aetna, Inc.
- John P. Bilbrey, President & CEO, The Hershey Company
- Eileen Fisher, Founder & Chairwoman, Eileen Fisher
- Lynn Forester de Rothschild, CEO, E.L. Rothschild
- Dr. H. Fisk Johnson, Chairman & CEO, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Candace Kendle, Former Chairman & CEO, Kendle International Inc.
- Kip Tindell, Chairman & CEO, The Container Store
- Ronald A. Williams, Former Chairman & CEO, Aetna, Inc.
Board meeting-style conversations on the enlightened CEO, conscious capitalism, business innovations that bring societal solutions, and purpose as a long-term market driver allow CEOs to share insights and best practices to help advance the impact of corporate community investment, tapping strategies that are a competitive advantage.
“CECP gathers leading global CEOs to share their unique approaches to societal commitments through their business strategies,” stated Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP. “These CEOs bring purpose to businesses by investing in society, which then builds trust, engagement with employees, and opportunities to take on new markets. Investors are taking notice.”
Hikmet Ersek, President and CEO, The Western Union Company, explained why CEOs should come together around corporate social responsibility. “It’s not often enough that CEOs are able to gather and given the space to discuss the application of business solutions to society’s tough challenges. CECP brings us together and guides us in the discussion on the power of purpose in our businesses.”
While the Boards of Boards is a closed-door event, a high-level summary including live polling results, images, and highlight videos will be available on the CECP website following the event. View the 2015 Executive Summary, videos, and images.
Takeaways from the 2015 event include the four key ways to infuse “purpose” throughout the business:
- Speak with purpose: Employees use a common language describing what it feels to work at the company.
- Act on purpose: Employees demonstrate purpose through their job functions and actions.
- Hold up purpose: Purpose-driven companies and employees do not back away from public transparency in times of crisis.
- Maintain purpose: Purpose should be maintained on a long-term basis.
CEO Force for Good honors will also be presented at the Board of Boards, recognizing individual CEOs for their commitments to societal engagement. Last year’s honorees were Thomas J. Wilson, Chairman and CEO, Allstate Corporation; Kenneth C. Frazier, Chairman and CEO, Merck; Bill George, Former Chairman and CEO, Medtronic, Inc.; and Hamdi Ulukaya, Founder and CEO, Chobani, LLC.
Previous Board of Boards speakers include:
- Dominic Barton, Worldwide Managing Director, McKinsey & Company
- Marc Benioff, Chairman & CEO, salesforce.com
- Ursula Burns, Chairman & CEO, Xerox
- Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, Chairman, Nestle
- David Cote, Chairman & CEO, Honeywell.
- Michael Duke, Former CEO, Wal-Mart
- Anthony F. Earley Jr., Chairman, CEO & President, PG&E
- Richard Edelman, President & CEO, Edelman
- Hikmet Ersek, President & CEO, Western Union
- Kenneth C. Frazier, Chairman & CEO, Merck
- Jeff Immelt, Chairman & CEO, GE
- Klaus Kleinfeld, CEO, Alcoa Inc.
- Shelly Lazarus, Chairman, Ogilvy & Mather
- Robert E. Moritz, US Chairman and Senior Partner, PwC
- Indra K. Nooyi, Chairman & CEO, PepsiCo
- Gregory Page, Executive Chairman, Cargill
- James Prokopanko, President & CEO, The Mosaic Company
- Ken Powell, CEO, General Mills, Inc.
- Ginni Rometty, Chairman, President & CEO, IBM
- Hamdi Ulukaya, Founder & CEO, Chobani, LLC
- Thomas J. Wilson, Chairman & CEO, Allstate Insurance Company
- Andrew Witty, CEO, GSK
Note to Editors: CECP can coordinate interviews with CEOs and company representatives from CECP-affiliated companies in advance of and on site at the event. Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP is also available for comment on the 2016 Board of Boards, as well as findings from the 2015 event. Please contact Sara Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-825-1252 to arrange interviews.
# # #
About CECP: The CEO Force for Good
CECP is a coalition of CEOs united in the belief that societal improvement is an essential measure of business performance. Founded in 1999 by Paul Newman and other business leaders, CECP has grown to a movement of 150 CEOs of the world’s largest companies across all industries. Revenues of engaged companies sum to $7 trillion annually. A nonprofit organization, CECP offers participating companies one-on-one consultation, networking events, exclusive data, media support, and case studies on corporate engagement. For more information, visit http://.cecp.co.