2021 Engineering News-Record Rankings Reinforce Black & Veatch's Status as Global Infrastructure Solutions Leader
OVERLAND PARK, Kans., July 6, 2021 /3BL Media/ - The 2021 Engineering News-Record’s (ENR) Sourcebook’s rankings underscore Black & Veatch’s continued leadership in the rapidly evolving energy, water, telecommunications and government services sectors.
ENR’s “Top 500 Design Firms” Sourcebook lists the rankings for dozens of specific infrastructure market categories and places Black & Veatch among the Top 10 companies in 19 categories. The rankings reflect the engineering, procurement, consulting and construction company’s success in anticipating client shifts to zero carbon power, greater water system resilience and better use of data around the globe.
Black & Veatch, which ranked second overall for the sixth consecutive year in power services, commanded the top ranking for solar power design and third position in transmission and distribution design. The company also ranked seventh overall in water services in 2021 and eighth for sewer and waste while ranking fourth in both sanitary and storm sewer services and hydro plants. The company’s water expertise was also reflected in top 10 rankings in water treatment and desalination plants, as well as in water supply and wastewater treatment plants.
Black & Veatch showed continued strength across telecommunications industry subsectors. Ranked second overall in telecommunications for its work on the expansion of 5G network deployments, broadband expansion and the push for transformative “smart city” approaches, the company is second for towers and antennae while third in transmission lines and cabling.
“As utilities and communities around the world press for greater resilience and sustainability using new and evolving technologies, we continue to meet the challenge with innovative solutions that deliver value to our clients and the communities they serve,” said Steve Edwards, Black & Veatch’s CEO. “The latest ENR rankings reflect our commitment to providing the outcomes that clients demand.”
Last November, Black & Veatch announced it was strengthening its sustainability vision through sweeping pledges addressing environmental and business practices, including its own carbon neutrality by 2025. It separately declared an end to its participation in coal-based power design and construction, focusing instead on clean energy technologies and helping clients accelerate their path to net zero.
Among the rankings:
TOP DESIGN FIRMS IN POWER
· Ranked 2 in Top 50 power
· Ranked 1 in Top 10 solar power
· Ranked 2 in Top 25 fossil fuel
· Ranked 3 in Top 5 operation and maintenance
· Ranked 4 in Top 25 transmission and distribution
· Ranked 4 in Top 10 hydro plants
· Ranked 12 in Top 15 nuclear plants
TOP DESIGN FIRMS IN MANUFACTURING, TELECOM
· Ranked 2 in Top 50 telecommunications
· Ranked 2 in Top 10 towers and antennae
· Ranked 3 in Top 5 transmission lines and cabling
· Ranked 8 in Top 15 in data centers
TOP DESIGN FIRMS IN PETROLEUM
· Ranked 17 in Top 50 petroleum
· Ranked 3 in Top 10 offshore and underwater facilities
· Ranked 9 in Top 25 refineries and petrochemical plants
TOP DESIGN FIRMS IN ENVIRONMENT
· Ranked 4 in Top 25 sanitary and storm sewers
· Ranked 6 in Top 20 water treatment, desalination plants
· Ranked 7 in Top 50 water supply
· Ranked 7 in Top 25 wastewater treatment plants
· Ranked 8 in Top 50 sewer and waste
· Ranked 11 in Top 15 dams and reservoirs
· Ranked 9 in Top 20 water transmission lines and aqueducts
· Ranked 20 in Top 20 chemical and soil remediation
· Ranked 39 in Top 50 hazardous waste
TOP DESIGN FIRMS IN GENERAL BUILDING
· Ranked 5 in Top 25 government office
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned global engineering, procurement, consulting and construction company with a more than 100-year track record of innovation in sustainable infrastructure. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people around the world by addressing the resilience and reliability of our most important infrastructure assets. Our revenues in 2020 exceeded US$3.0 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and on social media.
Media Contact Information:
JIM SUHR | +1 913-458-6995 P | +1 314-422-6927 M | SuhrJ@BV.com
24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866-496-9149