AEG Ogden Chairman and CEO, Harvey Lister Honored as Australian Tourism “Legend”
LOS ANGELES, March 2, 2017 /3BL Media/ - AEG Ogden Chairman and CEO, Harvey Lister was presented with the Australian Tourism Legend Award at the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards in Darwin, Australia on February 24, 2017.
The Australian Tourism Legend Award recognizes personal and professional achievement and contribution by an individual over many years to the Australian tourism industry. The award was presented to Lister at a reception of approximately 800 tourism business representatives, Federal and State Tourism Ministers, CEO’s of State and Regional tourism bodies and tourism industry leaders.
Chair of the Australian Tourism Awards and Queensland Tourism Industry Council CEO Daniel Gschwind said Mr. Lister’s achievements extended beyond the borders of his home state.
“Harvey is highly regarded across the country and Asia Pacific for his work in the events industry, delivering more than 30,000 major events over the past 40 years, attracting thousands of visitors and injecting millions into local economies,” said Gschwind. “We can all be proud of our fellow Queenslander who has dedicated his career to showcasing our wonderful State and Australia through his events and entertainment businesses. Harvey Lister truly is a Queensland and Australian tourism legend.”
The event was held for the first time in the Northern Territory, appropriately at the AEG Ogden-managed Darwin Convention Centre.
Harvey Lister, Australian Tourism Legend career overview:
- Brisbane-based AEG Ogden currently manages more than 200,000 seats in 21 venues across the Asia-Pacific region and is part of the US-based AEG family of 130+ venues across five continents.
- In Queensland, AEG Ogden manages Suncorp Stadium, the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre and the Cairns Convention Centre.
- Lister is a founding member of the Venue Management Association (Asia Pacific) and has been a Member of the International Association of Venue Management since 1985.
- He is currently a shareholder of the Brisbane Broncos and a Director on the Advisory Board for the Asia Pacific Screen Awards.
- Over the years, Lister has served on a range of community and event organisations including the Brisbane Cricket Ground Trust (former Trustee); Brisbane Marketing; Queensland Events Corporation; Brisbane Visitors and Convention Bureau; Brisbane Bullets Basketball Team; Ticketek Australia; 1994 World Gymnastics Championships; Australian Masters Games (all as a former Director); 1982 Commonwealth Games (former Marketing Committee Member); Brisbane’s 2000 Olympic Task Force Committee; and the Industry Advisory Board, Griffith University Business School, Department of Tourism, Leisure, Hotel and Sport Management (both as a former Member).
- Lister has received numerous recognitions including a Duke of Edinburgh Award; the Australian Centenary Medal (2002); the International Executive Sport and Entertainment Award from the University of South Carolina (2007); The Barnum Award for excellence in venue management globally from the US based Feld Entertainment (2009); the Premier’s Special Award at the Queensland Export Awards (2012); the Lord Mayor’s Legends of Brisbane Award (2013).
About AEG Ogden
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and adjacent Sports Centre, Sydney’s Qudos Bank Arena, the Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Perth Arena, and Dubai Arena (opening December 2018); Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and convention and exhibition centres in Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Kuala Lumpur, Oman, and the ICC Sydney. AEG Ogden is also the owner of National Basketball League (NBL) team, the Sydney Kings. More information: aegogden.com
In addition, AEG Facilities and its affiliates, owns, operates or consults with more than 120 of the industry’s preeminent venues worldwide, across five continents. More information: aegworldwide.com.