Bacardi Limited Continues to Market Responsibly and Reduce Impacts on Natural Resources
Hamilton, Bermuda, June 13, 2016 /3BL Media/ ˗ Family-owned Bacardi Limited, the world’s largest privately held spirits company, fully complied with its voluntary marketing codes, improved upon its environmental and operational efficiencies, continued to invest in its global “Good Spirited” sustainability initiative, increased engagement with responsible suppliers, and progressed with responsible marketing programs.
These accomplishments highlighted in its eighth Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report issued today reinforce the Company’s commitment to its stakeholders, to the communities where it operates, and to the consumers who enjoy its portfolio of premium spirits and wines. This CR Report, which is an interim report as the Company will publish a full report biennially, focuses on what Bacardi Limited has done to manage social and environmental impacts of its global business in the fiscal year encompassing April 1, 2014, through March 31, 2015, and builds upon its first seven full annual CR Reports.
To access the Bacardi Limited 2015 CR Report in its entirety, visit: http://www.bacardilimited.com/Home/CorporateResponsibility
“As we continue to build on our commitments to reduce harmful drinking and promote the responsible use of our products, Bacardi is also focused on its ambitious environmental platform to not only reduce our impact, but to also replenish to become an even more sustainable business in the long-term,” says Rick Wilson, senior vice president for Corporate Responsibility, who leads Bacardi CR initiatives globally.
Key achievements in the five core areas of the Bacardi Limited 2015 CR Report include:
- Bacardi recognized for the second year in a row by Reputation Institute’s Global RepTrak® 100 as one of the world’s most reputable companies
- In line with the Producers’ Commitments to Reduce Harmful Drinking, Bacardi achieved 100% compliance with our marketing contracts and 94% compliant with advertising regulations in the European Union
2) Environment, Health & Safety
- Bacardi continued to be the only major spirits company certified to be operating in accordance with world’s most recognized standards for quality (ISO 9001), environment (ISO 14001), and health and safety (OHSAS 18001) for all production facilities globally
- Exceeded targets in improving water use efficiency by 3.2% and reducing greenhouse gases emission intensity by 3.7%, leading to a 45.4% increase in water use efficiency and 32.3% reduction in greenhouse gases emissions intensity globally from 2006 benchmarks.
3) Responsible Sourcing
- Continued to implement program to ensure at least 40% of sugarcane-derived products used to make BACARDÍ® rum are from certified, sustainable sources by 2017
- Achieved 19% of sugarcane-derived products sourced covered by EU or US recognized certifications
- Best-in-class achievement in global employee survey with 86% of employees reporting they are proud to work for Bacardi
- Continued to build on Women in Leadership program by recruiting and retaining talented women who make up 37% of the Bacardi workforce; with women comprising 33% of middle management positions and 38% at the professional level
5) Philanthropy & Community Involvement
- As part of the annual CR Month initiative, Bacardi employees increased their volunteer time from 7,950 to 9,610 hours
- Bacardi donated $500,000 to the Bermuda Hospital Charitable Trust “Why It Matters” campaign in support of the redevelopment of a new acute care wing
“The significant progress we made in fiscal 2015 would not have been possible without the unwavering dedication, skillful efforts and hard work of Bacardi employees around the world,” adds Mike Dolan, CEO of Bacardi Limited. “We will continue to review all aspects of our operations, facilities and activities to improve our sustainability commitments and meet our stakeholder expectations.”
About Bacardi Limited
Bacardi Limited, the largest privately held spirits company in the world, produces and markets internationally recognized spirits and wines. The Bacardi brand portfolio comprises more than 200 brands and labels, including BACARDÍ® rum, GREY GOOSE® vodka, DEWAR’S® Blended Scotch whisky, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® gin, MARTINI® vermouth and sparkling wines, CAZADORES® 100% blue agave tequila, and other leading and emerging brands including WILLIAM LAWSON’S® blended Scotch whisky, ERISTOFF® vodka, and ST-GERMAIN® elderflower liqueur.
Founded 154 years ago in Santiago de Cuba on February 4, 1862, family-owned Bacardi manufactures its brands at 29 facilities and sells in more than 160 countries. Bacardi Limited refers to the Bacardi group of companies, including Bacardi International Limited.
BACARDI, THE BAT DEVICE & OTHER MARKS RELATED TO PRODUCTS ARE TRADEMARKS OF BACARDI & COMPANY LIMITED OR OF OTHER SUBSIDIARIES OF BACARDI LIMITED.