Carnival Corporation's Cunard Welcomes Same-Sex Marriages on its Iconic Three Ships
August 11, 2017 /3BL Media/ - Luxury cruise brand, Cunard, has welcomed its first booking by a same-sex couple following a recent Supreme Court ruling enabling same-sex marriages in Bermuda, where Cunard’s fleet of ships is registered.
The ruling means that Cunard, which has offered weddings on its ships for the past five years and has married over 250 couples, is one of the first British cruise lines to be able to conduct same-sex wedding ceremonies at sea.
“Cunard is proud to become among the first cruise lines to offer same-sex marriages at sea,” said Josh Leibowitz, senior vice president, Cunard North America. “Cunard has brought people together through travel for over 175 years, and we’re proud to mark another milestone in our company’s history as we welcome our first gay marriage booking and many other marriages to come.”
Wedding ceremonies will be performed by the ship’s Captain* and the marriage license will be issued by Bermuda.
Same-sex couples can now purchase a Cunard Wedding at Sea package, which includes:
- A romantic ceremony at sea conducted by the Captain*
- Wedding ceremony venue with floral arrangements
- Traditional wedding music
- Services of the onboard Wedding Coordinator
- Attendance of a professional photographer at the ceremony
- Commemorative wedding certificate
- An official copy of the marriage certificate
- The cost of the license fees
- A bottle of Champagne in the cabin on arrival
- Champagne for a toast after the ceremony
- Invitations and thank you notes
- Wedding outfit pressing service
*If the Captain is unable to conduct the ceremony, the Deputy Captain will be asked to conduct on their behalf.