CBSR Launches their #CBSRapplied Campaign to Help Operationalize the Transformational Company Framework
Background: Why This Matters
The “Transformational Company” framework is being developed as a guide for companies who recognize the need to scale up their CSR and sustainability efforts in order to address systemic societal risks, challenges and opportunities. These qualities are designed to be aspirational and inspirational – to act as a roadmap.
This framework represents a global consensus on the new standard for sustainability in Canada and beyond; the consensus highlights the emergent need for companies to rethink their core purpose and customer offerings, to focus their efforts on solutions to systemic social, economic and environmental problems and to going beyond “zero harm” to creating net positive social and environmental benefits.
Operationalizing Transformational Company Framework: Case Studies
|IKEA & The Better Cotton Initiative||Unilever's Sustainable Living Plan - coming soon|
We are looking for case studies: Submit Your Story
CBSR is working with Coro Strandberg, a globally-recognized sustainability thought leader and CBSR associate, to operationalize the 19 qualities. To do that, we are looking for case studies for each of the qualities that can be used as examples of how companies successfully implement each of the qualities. If you are interested in sharing a case study, please submit the following:
1) Name of Company
2) Transformational Characteristic: Click on the interactive framework above to see the list of the 19 qualities and definitions, and choose a quality (or several qualities) that most represent your company's sustainability efforts.
3) 200-300 word fact based description of how your company is practicing or implementing the transformational quality. Please include a summary of the activity and outcomes of implementation and references / weblinks for more information. Note: we are looking for transformational (leading edge, innovative, breakthrough, robust and high impact) examples of the quality, distinct from conventional, incremental or common approaches.
What’s Next: How else you can get involved
1) Help CBSR accelerate take-up of the Transformational Company qualities in companies, industries and supply chains. This is what we are looking for:
- Funding for continuing this research
- Educational partner collaboration to embed Transformational Company qualities in Canadian corporate sustainability education programs and materials.
- SME and industry sector activation
- Executive validation and input, executive advice on promoting take-up in Canada and world-wide. CBSR will be hosting an Executive roundtable discussion in the fall of 2013. Stay tuned for more information.
2) Join CBSR at Globe2014.
CBSR is looking to assemble a Transformational Company trade fair booth at Globe2014. This will be an opportunity for Transformational Companies to get recognition for your sustainability leadership in front of 9,000+ international attendees. There will be additional opportunities for media coverage and speaking opportunities. We are looking for 6 companies exhibiting Transformational qualities to join CBSR at Globe2014.
3) Join upcoming Transformational Company events to learn how to operationalize the qualities.
October 11th, 2013
Webinar and In-person events in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal
CBSR Summit 2013: Transformational Company
November 6th, 2013 - at One King West, Toronto
Please contact Ksenia Benifand – Ksenia@cbsr.ca to learn more about these opportunities.