Circular Economy Webinar - Redesigning Products Through a Circular Lens
February 12, 2020 /3BL Media/ - As the world embarks on a new decade, business arrives with a level of urgency and necessity to deliver for people, planet, purpose and profit not previously seen before. The 2020s have been earmarked as being the decade that makes the difference, where key environmental issues are tackled.
Delivering a circular economy and eliminating waste is a big issue facing many industries. Increased pressure is forcing companies to look across the life cycle of all their products, to reduce impacts and increase the recyclability of products, from the start – the design stage. In a recent interview James Carnes, vice president of brand strategy at Adidas, highlighted “The number one contaminant in plastic recycling is glue, so we had to fuse the plastic together. But here’s were plastic is an amazing material: It can be engineered to exist within a circular system.” This perhaps highlights the challenge that business faces – identifying solutions that don’t jeopardise the performance or quality of a product or service.
Next week Ethical Corporation will host a one-hour webinar with three senior leaders, where new practical ideas will be shared on how innovative businesses are implementing circularity across all business operations.
Join the webinar discussion on Wednesday 19th February at 12:00GMT / 13:00 CET for the free online webinar with:
- Ibrahim Al Zubi, Chief Sustainability Officer, MAFH – Sustainability
- Aiko Bode, Chief Sustainability and Chief Compliance Officer, Fenix Outdoor International
- Moderator: Brendan Edgerton, Director, Circular Economy, WBCSD
Key areas of discussion include:
- How instil a circular approach within R&D and design stage
- How to make the business case for your company to embrace a circular approach
- How to attribute accounting values to investments & implementation of circular operations
- How to measure your progress towards delivering a circular economy
Be inspired by the success stories and innovative practical ideas on how to tackle key environmental impacts to deliver a clean, circular system – and how!