Do Your Deck and Do Good For "VIP" Parks
The Thompson’s Company launches program to raise up to $150,000 for Niagara Falls State Park, Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park
This season, when you do the right thing for your deck, you also can do a good thing for some of America’s most beloved state and national parks and help to raise as much as $150,000 for important preservation projects.
Beginning in the spring of 2009, the Deck Days promotion, from the makers of the Thompson’s® Water Seal® brand, will donate one dollar for selected products sold – up to $150,000 -- to three iconic American landmarks: Niagara Falls State Park, Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park. The three Parks are part of the Thompson’s® Water Seal® VIP™ (Very Important Places) program. So while you’re protecting your wood deck from water damage, protecting your investment and improving the natural beauty of your own outdoor space, you can contribute to the natural beauty of these national treasures.
“America’s parks system is unequalled in the world, and Niagara Falls, Yellowstone and Glacier are three of the finest examples of why our parks are invaluable for all citizens,” said Mike Kozlowski, director of marketing for the Thompson’s Water Seal brand. “Like all parks, they have ongoing preservation needs, and, like most of us, there is never enough money to cover everything. “The Thompson’s Company has been honored to provide support for projects like staining the decks at Niagara Falls State Park, repairing platforms damaged in floods at Glacier National Park and restoring campgrounds and historic buildings at Yellowstone National Park. The VIP Promotion is our largest initiative to date to support these three amazing places, and we’re looking forward to doing a lot more for them with the help of homeowners across the country.”
Do-it-yourselfers will have several ways to get the products they need for their deck care project while helping to preserve the natural beauty at the three “VIP” parks.
DECK DAYS PROMOTION: May 22-July 5, 2009 (clear and tinted exterior waterproofers)
NOTE: Consumers can fill out and return the promotion form found in stores to receive a store gift check, or they can download the form from the Thompson’s® Water Seal®Web site and receive a cash rebate
• Consumers will receive $3 per gallon purchased, up to three gallons, for a total of up to $9.00 back when they purchase one of these products: Thompson’s®Water Seal®Waterproofer Plus Clear Wood Protector or Thompson’s®Water Seal®Waterproofer Plus Tinted Wood Protector (available in Honey Gold, Natural Cedar, Rustic Red or Nutmeg Brown). One additional dollar per gallon will be donated to the VIP Parks.
• Consumers will receive $4 per gallon purchased, up to three gallons, for a total of up to $12.00 back when they purchase one of these products: Thompson’s® Water Seal® Advanced Natural Wood Protector or Thompson’s®Water Seal®Advanced Tinted Wood Protector (available in Honey Gold, Natural Cedar, Rustic Red, Nutmeg Brown or Coastal Gray). One additional dollar per gallon will be donated to the VIP Parks. Consumers may purchase a “mix” of the products above (i.e., the consumer may purchase Thompson’s Water Seal Plus Clear Wood Protector and Thompson’s Water Seal Advanced Tinted Wood Protector at the same time), and they will receive the appropriate store gift checks and one additional dollar will be donated to the VIP Parks, up to three gallons.
ABOUT THE THOMPSON’S WATER SEAL LINE
The Thompson’s Water Seal line is America’s number one brand of exterior deck care and waterproofing products. The brand offers a complete range of products designed to provide superior results for a wide variety of projects:
• Deck Cleaners – the brand makes five deck cleaners designed to treat a spectrum of different surface conditions, from removing dirt and mildew up to removing solid stains. The newest cleaner, Thompson’s®Water Seal®Oxy Foaming Action Exterior Multi-Surface Cleaner, is an oxygen based cleaner that removes dirt and mildew from a variety of surfaces, including wood, concrete and composite decks.
• Clear and Tinted Deck Coatings – the brand makes clear waterproofers and “tinted” wood protectors, which provide sheer, natural wood color; these products are available in both oil-based formulas and in water-based formulas. The Thompson’s®Water Seal®Advanced line offers stronger water repellency and great convenience features like application on damp wood (or immediate application to pressure treated lumber), low odor, low VOCs and soap and water clean-up.
• Deck Stains – Thompson’s®Water Seal®Deck & House stains are available in both semi-transparent and solid stains; 50 colors are available in an oil-based formula and 67 colors are available in a latex formula. The Thompson’s® Water Seal® Web site provides an outstanding resource to learn more about Thompson’s Water Seal products and the VIP Program. Additionally, the site provides creative project ideas, step-by-step how-to guides and videos, and even an inspirational photo gallery. Visit the site at www.thompsonswaterseal.com