FCA US “Women of Color” Earn Recognition at Annual STEM Event
- The Women of Color Conference honors significant achievements of women in STEM careers
- Nineteen FCA US women earn awards for excellence in technical and managerial leadership
- Awards underscore Company’s commitment to develop diverse talent and promote careers in STEM
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., October 15, 2018 /3BL Media/ - FCA US LLC technical business leaders received honors for their career achievements at the annual Women of Color STEM Conference held October 11-13 in Detroit.
The Women of Color Conference honors the significant achievements of women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) professions. The conference ensures that the accomplishments of outstanding women in technical fields are highly visible to industry professionals, government officials and students.
FCA US employees consistently have earned important technical professional recognition from various diversity organizations, including Black Engineer of the Year, Women of Color, HENAAC Great Minds in STEM and others, reflecting the Company’s strong commitment to developing its diverse workforce.
"The Women of Color Awards celebrate many of the country’s most promising and influential female technical business leaders,” said Brian Johnson, Senior Manager, Diversity & Inclusion, FCA US LLC. “FCA US is proud that our women technical leaders are regarded consistently among such accomplished professionals."
FCA US 2018 Women of Color Award Recipients
Special Recognition Award: Recognizes managerial leadership, innovation and technical contributions that improve access to STEM jobs, and demonstrated excellence in the workplace and community:
- Mimi Nguyen – Powertrain Planning
Technology All-Stars Award: Recognizes accomplished professionals who have demonstrated excellence in the workplace and in their communities:
- Sohaila Feizy-Marandy – Interior Electromechanical Design
- Pilar O’Hara – Product Development
- Annaliza Sollestre – Product Development
- Lolita Ward – Product Development
- Celeste Worsham – Product Development
- Maria Guadalupe Pineda Zavaleta – Product Development
Technology Rising Stars Award: Recognizes young professionals who are helping to shape technology for the future:
- Mayra Carranza-Ornelas – Product Development
- Jeanne Dang – Product Development
- Marlo Eisley-Holloway – Product Development
- Daquanda Flowers – Manufacturing
- Jingjing Li - Powertrain
- Sarika Marfatia – Powertrain
- Dulce Munoz – Product Development
- Januari Nelson - Manufacturing
- Xiaolan Peng – Product Development
- Kirthika Meenakshi Sundaram Raju – Product Development
- Virgina Teeple – Product Development
- Ria Williams – Manufacturing
Nguyen was recognized at a Leaders and Legends breakfast on Saturday, October 13, in Detroit. All others were recognized at a Technology Recognition Luncheon on October 12.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker based in Auburn Hills, Michigan. It designs, manufactures, and sells or distributes vehicles under the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo brands, as well as the SRT performance designation. The Company also distributes Mopar and Alfa Romeo parts and accessories. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler Corp., established in 1925 by industry visionary Walter P. Chrysler and Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino (F.I.A.T.), founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli. FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. (NYSE: FCAU/ MTA: FCA).
FCA is an international automotive group listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FCAU” and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol “FCA.”
Follow FCA US news and video on:
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
For more information, please visit the FCA US LLC media site at http://media.fcanorthamerica.
(248) 512-2682 (office)
(313) 930-1252 (cell)
(248) 512-0366 (office)
(248) 202-7697 (cell)