Green Builder® Media’s Latest Survey Shows Which Green Branding Efforts Have Garnered the Loyalty of Building Professionals
Eastsound, WA, March 25, 2014 /3BL Media — Green Builder Media’s annual Reader’s Choice survey polls building professionals to get insight into their product perceptions. Which green products are most familiar to them? Which do they trust and spec most often?
“Looking over this year’s survey results, we’re struck by how many categories lack a clear frontrunner,” says Green Builder editor in chief Matt Power. “In only one case (Hot Water Systems) did the leading company gain awareness since last year; in every other area, the leader lost ground.”
Power believes this leveling out could be happening for a number of reasons:
- more companies are developing truly competitive green products;
- more companies are getting better at convincing customers of their green hue; and
- green professionals are overwhelmed by the fact that almost every company now wants to jump on the green bandwagon.
“We’ll shed light on these issues as we present this year’s survey,” Power says of the coverage in Green Builder’s March issue, which details the manufacturer winners of each category. “One thing hasn’t changed,” he adds. “You’ll see familiar brands at the top of most categories, implying that many customers are still going with the tried-and-true. Other contenders are rising, but the path to brand stardom is apparently a slow-and-steady race.”
Some interesting statistics from the survey include:
- Bosch owns the overall mental green space of green professionals. The brand in all its permuations (appliances, solar, automotive and more) is seen as high quality with high performance; respondents associated the company most strongly environmental stewardship.
- When asked to rank in order the most significant factors that influence brand loyalty, respondents chose Quality (84.4%) and Performance (84.0%), followed by Price (51%).
- Nine of ten (92.7%) respondents agreed that the quality of eco-friendly products is generally improving.
- Three-fourths (74.6%) of respondents assume a green product will be of higher quality if they know and trust the brand.
- Eight of ten (84.8%) respondents start with a known brand and go from there when spec’ing green products and materials.
- Respondents were split down the middle when asked whether it was getting easier to tell sustainable brands from ones that are simply “greenwashing.” The same split occurred when they were asked whether brand is more important than price when it comes to choosing between two similar green products.
- Four of ten (39.3%) respondents use the HERS Index for their building projects.
Check out the full results of the survey here, including the winners by category. Want some quick talking points from sustainability expert and Green Builder’s Editor-in-Chief Matt Power? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. A sampling of the articles charts from the article are embedded with this release—feel free to use them.
About Green Builder Media
Green Builder® Media, LLC is the leading media company in North America focused on green building and sustainable living. With a comprehensive suite of print and digital media solutions, demonstration projects, case studies, online training and live events, Green Builder Media assists building professionals in preparing themselves for the new green economy and helps homeowners understand how to live more sustainably. For more information, visit us .