Hewlett Packard Enterprise Releases Annual CSR Report
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 26, 2018 /3BL Media/ -- Artificial intelligence, blockchain and cryptocurrency: today’s hottest emerging technologies have the potential to reinvent the way we live, but also demand unprecedented amounts of energy and computing resources – calling into question their impacts on our environment, climate, and dwindling resources. In fact, research suggests that by 2025 the IT sector could consume 20% of all the world’s electricity generation. So how can the industry balance innovation and sustainability?
Tackling this question head-on, today HPE rolled out its annual Living Progress Report for FY17, demonstrating how the company is driving sustainable innovation and embedding corporate citizenship into its culture. Highlights include:
- Sustainability: HPE ranked among the world’s most sustainable companies, earning distinction on the 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the sixth consecutive year and ranking amongst the top 4% of companies evaluated across the globe
- Energy efficiency: To address the exponential increase in demand for computing power, HPE is baking IT efficiency into its products – empowering customers to minimize energy strains on the environment without sacrificing performance. HPE accounted for more supercomputers in the Green500 list than any other company and secured the #1 ranking for the most energy-efficient supercomputer in the world.
- Global challenges: HPE partnered with customers to tackle global challenges ranging from inequality to sustainability. This past year, HPE launched pilots with third-party orgs to pilot a financial management tool with rural women in Tanzania, analyse trade data to combat illegal fishing across our oceans, and more.
- Emissions reductions: HPE achieved its operational emissions reduction goals (25% reduction by 2025) seven years ahead of schedule, and committed that by 2025 80% of HPE’s manufacturing spend will go to suppliers with science-based emissions targets in place
- Diversity: In 2017, HPE’s diversity and inclusion efforts were acknowledged with 100% ratings by the Human Rights Equality Index and the U.S. Business Leadership Network Disability Index.