Leading Institutional Investors Gather to Hear Long-Term Plan Presentations from Leaders of the World’s Largest Companies
NEW YORK, NY, January 24, 2017 /3BL Media/ — Institutional investors and leading CEOs who are a part of CECP: The CEO Force for Good--a coalition of more than 200 corporations collectively representing $7 trillion in annual revenue--will assemble for the first-ever CEO Investor Forum, held the afternoon of CECP’s 12th annual Board of Boards, February 27, 2017. This new afternoon CEO and investor session will focus on mutual business and investor needs to drive long-term value creation. This event will include long-term-oriented institutional investors and pension funds collectively representing more than $15 trillion in assets under management and corporate leaders of Fortune 500 companies. While only a few slots remain, interested investors are invited to apply for registration. Confirmed CEO and corporate-leader presenters include:
- Mitch Barns, CEO, Nielsen
- Michael Corbat, CEO, Citigroup
- Thomas DeRosa, CEO & Director, Welltower Inc
- Anthony F. Earley, Jr., Chairman, CEO and President, PG&E Corporation
- Vincent Forlenza, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, BD
- Andrew Liveris, President, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Dow Chemical Company
- F. William McNabb III, Chairman & CEO, Vanguard
- Robert Pozen, Independent Director and Chair of Finance Committee, Medtronic
- Tom Wilson, Allstate
- IBM, presenter TBD
After hearing from CEOs at CECP’s 2016 Board of Boards that 86% felt they spent too much time focused on the short-term and heeding the call from leading institutional investors to fundamentally change the way public companies define value creation, CECP created the Strategic Investor Initiative (SII), which is developing a platform to move trillions in capital by working with leading companies to develop and deliver their long-term plans to institutional investors that integrate financially material environmental, social, and corporate governance factors.
“The conversations and connections that will happen at the first-ever CEO-Investor Forum will begin to change the dynamic between companies and asset owners to highlight areas of mutual interest,” said Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP. “These sessions are where CEOs and investors with common values come to discuss the system-level changes necessary to drive sustainable value."
“The inaugural CEO Investor Forum will be a watershed moment to accelerate the shift away from short-term myopia on Wall Street towards long-term sustainable value creation,” said Mark Tulay, Director, Strategic Investor Initiative, CECP. “SII is looking forward to connecting leading CEOs with long-term investors so that together, we can focus on the new normal of driving long-term value creation.”
“Companies need to invest in the long-term well being of the communities on which they rely for their business,” said Mitch Barns, CEO, Nielsen. “CECP provides a unique opportunity for companies to come together around this important shared mission of making a positive social impact.”
The convening will be held at the Time Warner HQ in New York City, Monday, February 27, 2017 from 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. The agenda and list of confirmed presenters and attendees can be found here. The CEO Investor Forum will be live-streamed via a link on the SII webpage. Presentations from the forum will be available on participating company websites.
Corporations interested in reserving the few remaining investor presentation afternoon sessions should contact Mark Tulay, email@example.com.
SII Advisory Board
- Jonathan Bailey, Junior Partner, McKinsey & Company / Focusing Capital on the Long Term Initiative
- Dana Bezerra, Vice President, Capital Markets, Heron Foundation
- Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP
- Anthony Di Meo, Director, Investor Relations, BD
- Michelle Edkins, Managing Director, BlackRock
- Robert Fernandez, CFA, Vice President, Director of ESG Research, Breckinridge Capital Advisors
- Benjamin Gigot, Vice President of Research, Investment Management, CDPQ
- Evan Harvey, Director of Corporate Responsibility, NASDAQ
- Erika Karp, Founder, CEO and Chair of the Board, Cornerstone Capital Inc.
- Teri Loxam, Vice President, Investor Relations, Merck
- Susan Mac Cormac, Partner, Morrison & Foerster
- Mark McDivitt, Managing Director, Head of US Hedge Fund Sales, State Street
- Kathleen McLaughlin, President, Walmart Foundation & Global Head of Sustainability, Wal-Mart
- Tim Nixon, Managing Editor of Sustainability, Thomson Reuters
- Glenn W. Reed, Managing Director, Strategy and Finance Group, Vanguard
- Brian Rice, Portfolio Manager, CalSTRS
- Amy Springsteel, Assistant VP, Corporate Responsibility, Voya
- Mark Tulay, Director, Strategic Investor Initiative, CECP
- Dennis Whalen, Leader, Board Leadership Center, KPMG
- Tim Youmans, Research Director, Strategic Investor Initiative, CECP
CECP thanks the Ford Foundation and the Heron Foundation for their support of the Strategic Investor Initiative.
Note to Editors: CECP can coordinate interviews with Daryl Brewster, CEO, and Mark Tulay, Director, Strategic Investor Initiative, CECP are available for comment on the CEO Investor Forum. Please contact Jackie Albano, firstname.lastname@example.org, 646-863-1926 to arrange interviews.
About CECP: The CEO Force for Good
CECP is a CEO led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy — how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers —determines company success. Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders to create a better world through business, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $7 trillion in revenues, $18.6 billion in societal investment, 13 million employees, and $15 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their social strategy by providing customized connections and networking, counsel and support, benchmarking and trends, and awareness building and recognition. For more information, visit http://cecp.co.