Microsoft Alumni Foundation Announces 2012 Integral Fellows Award Nominees
(3BL Media) Bellevue, WA - July 12, 2012 - Today the Microsoft Alumni Foundation announced its nominees for the 2012 Integral Fellows Awards. Each year the foundation recognizes Microsoft alumni who dedicate their time, talent, and resources to help address local, national, or global challenges. The award highlights the wide range of global impact that Microsoft alumni have in the nonprofit community around issues including conservation, clean-burning wood stoves, and hydrocephalus.
“It’s an honor to recognize our alumni for their leadership in philanthropy, each actively dedicating their services to improve the lives of others around the world,” said Marylou Brannan, Executive Director of the Microsoft Alumni Foundation.
According to Jeff Raikes, chairman of the board, “The 2012 Integral Fellows nominees epitomize the Microsoft tradition of giving back to our communities.”
Each nominee represents a nonprofit organization either started by Microsoft alumni, or where Microsoft alumni are making valuable contributions. The 15 nominees are:
- Paul Bannick, Development Director, Conservation Northwest (Seattle, WA)
- Jabe Blumenthal, Co-chair, Board of Directors, Climate Solutions (Olympia, WA)
- Ivette deRubens, Member Relations Manager, Catalyst Kitchens (Seattle, WA)
- Brian Donaldson, Interim President and CEO, Boys and Girls Club of King County (Seattle, WA)
- Paul Gross, Chair, Hydrocephalus Association (San Francisco, CA)
- David Habib, Partner, Social Venture Partners (Seattle, WA)
- Bill Henningsgaard, Executive Director, Chair of the Board, Eastside Pathways (Bellevue, WA)
- Mahnaz Javid, Co-founder and President, Mona Foundation (Seattle, WA)
- Andrew Lamb, Senior Project Manager, New Leaders (New York, NY)
- Adnan Mahmud, Co-Founder and Director of Technology, Jolkona (Seattle, WA)
- Sheetal Mahta-Walsh, Founder, Shanti Microfinance (India)
- Gisli Olafsson, Global Program Director for Emergency Response, NetHope (Fairfax, VA)
- Steve Paul, President and CEO, Northwest North Pole Adventures (Veradale, WA)
- Bob Powell, Member, Board of Directors, BURN Design Lab (Vanshon Island, WA)
- Allen Wilcox, President, VillageReach (Seattle, WA)
Finalists selected from this list of nominees will be recognized during the Microsoft Alumni Foundation Celebration event in October, 2012. Winners will receive a $25,000, one-year unrestricted grant for their nonprofit organization, with further support from fellow alumni to help increase their resources and effectiveness.
All nominees are reviewed and evaluated, recognizing achievements that embody the values of the Microsoft Alumni Foundation, including: innovation, entrepreneurship, effectiveness, collaboration, and integrity. Additional criteria in selecting the winners will include: the ability to create something extraordinary out of limited resources, selflessness, passion, need, and scalability.
About the Foundation: Since its inception in 2007, the Microsoft Alumni Foundation works to serve, strengthen, and support their fellow alumni and their nonprofit organizations globally. The Foundation is a 501(c) (3) public nonprofit organization with its headquarters based in Bellevue, Washington, USA. Board members are: Jeffrey Raikes (Chair); Charles Hirsch (Vice President); Akhtar Badshah (Vice President); Craig Bruya (Treasurer); Sharon Maghie (Secretary) and; Tony Audino, Carla Lewis, Paul Shoemaker, Brad Smith and Dawn Trudeau (Trustees). The Executive Director is Marylou Brannan.
Note to editors: For additional information regarding the nominees and the Integral Fellows Awards, please visit http://www.microsoftalumni.org/Home.aspx
Pamela Portin Consulting, LLC.