Morgan Stanley Strategy Challenge to Benefit 14 Nonprofit Organizations in U.S. and UK
NEW YORK / LONDON, March 22, 2017 /3BL Media/ – Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) today announced the launch of the ninth annual Strategy Challenge, the Firm’s signature skills-based pro bono volunteer program. Over the course of the next ten weeks, teams of Morgan Stanley employees in New York and London will work with leadership teams at 14 nonprofit organizations to provide strategic recommendations to address their mission-critical challenges.
At Morgan Stanley, we are committed to applying our best talent to create meaningful impact in the communities where we live and work,” said Joan Steinberg, Global Head of Philanthropy. “The Strategy Challenge exemplifies this commitment, enabling employees to leverage their skills and expertise to deliver analytical and strategic solutions that can have a transformative impact on the nonprofits serving our communities.”
The 14 nonprofit organizations taking part in this year’s Morgan Stanley Strategy Challenge are:
- Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation – Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation (Restoration) partners with area residents and businesses to improve the quality of life in long-blighted areas of Central Brooklyn.
- Gina Gibney Dance – Gibney Dance is a trailblazing organization whose mission is to bring the possibility of movement where it otherwise would not exist.
- Police Athletic League – The Police Athletic League supports and inspires New York City youth to realize their full individual potential as productive members of society.
- Qualitas of Life Foundation – Qualitas of Life Foundation provides basic financial education to Hispanic individuals and their families in New York, in order to foster their financial security and improve their standard of living.
- Rescuing Leftover Cuisine – Rescuing Leftover Cuisine aims to become the world's most widely used solution for companies and individuals to eliminate food waste in their communities, make food rescue sustainable and universal, and make food hunger a thing of the past.
- Stanley M. Isaacs Center – The Isaacs Center’s mission is to promote social and physical well-being and encourage growth, self-reliance and dignity throughout every stage of life.
- Tuesday’s Children – Formed in the aftermath of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, Tuesday’s Children is a response and recovery organization that supports youth, families, and communities impacted by terrorism and traumatic loss.
- Volunteer New York! – Volunteer New York!’s core mission is to inspire, mobilize, and equip individuals and groups to take positive action to address pressing challenges, support nonprofits and strengthen the quality of life in our community.
- Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) – WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods.
- Barnardo’s – Barnardo’s is one of the UK’s oldest and largest children’s charities dedicated to transforming the lives of the most vulnerable children.
- Marie Curie – Marie Curie is the UK’s leading charity caring for people living with any terminal illness, and their families.
- Place2Be – Place2Be is the UK's leading children's mental health charity working in 282 schools across the UK to provide early-intervening emotional and mental health support to 116,000 children and their families.
- Save the Children – Save the Children gives children in the UK and around the world a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
- Unicef UK – Unicef works around the world, including in the UK, to keep children healthy, happy and safe.
The strategies and relationships developed through the Strategy Challenge have the ability to create real, measurable impact for both the nonprofits and the communities they serve. Since 2009, Morgan Stanley employees have committed over 68,000 service hours providing tailored recommendations to more than 104 nonprofits, resulting in more effective business models, expanded services and productivity improvements.
We invite people to follow the progress of the programs in the U.S. and the UK on the Strategy Challenge blog and via #StrategyChallenge.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. For more information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.