New Issue of Supply Chain Navigator from Avnet Celebrates Disruptive Innovation
PHOENIX, May 23, 2017 /3BL Media/ -- Avnet, a leading global technology distributor, today released the May 2017 issue of Supply Chain Navigator, the award-winning journal dedicated to supply chain thought leadership. This special edition examines how industry leaders including Cisco, General Electric, Nestle, Nike and Puma are reimagining their businesses and their supply networks to keep pace with the leapfrog advances in the “golden triangle” - people, processes and technology - that are radically transforming the global manufacturing sector.
The cover story, Making in America, delves into the factors compelling manufacturers to transfer operations away from “low-cost” regions in Asia to in-country/for country production, the challenges they are facing, and how the maker movement may save the day for multinationals struggling to remain competitive.
Also featured is an exclusive interview with Johannes Giloth, senior vice president, global operations and chief procurement officer for Nokia, a company that pre-emptively orchestrated its own disruption over the past several years and has emerged stronger than ever. Giloth offers a compelling look into Nokia’s fundamental transformation and the strategic role supply chain and operations played in this remarkable journey.
“In most other contexts, disruption is considered a negative force. But in the tech sector, disruption equals progress,” said Wade McDaniel, vice president of Supply Chain Solutions, Avnet Velocity and publisher of Supply Chain Navigator. “Members of the supply chain are fighting both global economic headwinds and an existential conflict between established strategies and emerging requirements. With the diverse array of creative initiatives presented within this issue, we hope to give readers some practical insight into the art and science of disruptive innovation.”
Additional editorial highlights of the May 2017 edition of Supply Chain Navigator include:
- “Nike Takes the Leap: Unique Deal Gives Nike Instant Infrastructure in the Americas,” breaks down Nike’s unusual approach to nearshoring in the Americas.
- “The New Economics of Supply Chain Sustainability,” an innovative new supply chain finance program from BNP Paribas designed to promote social and environmental standards among borrowers.
- “From Platitude to Paradigm,” how forward-thinking companies like Nestle, Adobe and Cisco are leveraging internal crowdsourcing to unleash the disruptive capacity of corporate everyman.
- “The Living Supply Chain,” a contributed commentary from NC State Professor Rob Handfield and Flex CPSCO Tom Linton on the supply chain as a living network of entities that rely on their mutual balance to remain healthy.
- “Taking the Pulse of Your Supply Chain” a contributed commentary from a team of researchers in Australia and New Zealand that examines the advantages of using sentiment analysis to improve decision making in demand-driven supply chains.
Supply Chain Navigator is a 2016 winner of the APEX awards for Publication Excellence. The publication provides supply chain executives and decision makers with practical tools and strategic insights they need to accelerate their organization’s drive to success. Each issue is produced in collaboration with supply chain professionals experienced in managing complex global supply chains both upstream and downstream, as well as distinguished academics and prominent market analysts. The publication reaches more than 150,000 purchasing, supply chain, manufacturing, operations, and logistics professionals throughout the global electronics industry.
The latest issue of Supply Chain Navigator is online at http://scnavigator.avnet.com/.
All brands and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks, and are the properties of their respective owners. Avnet disclaims any proprietary interest in marks other than its own.
From idea to design and from prototype to production, Avnet supports customers at each stage of a product’s lifecycle. A comprehensive portfolio of design and supply chain services makes Avnet the go-to guide for innovators who set the pace for technological change. For nearly a century, Avnet has helped its customers and suppliers around the world realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Learn more about Avnet at: www.avnet.com.