ReportAlert.info - Bell Canada Publishes 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report
July 4, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Today just got better
BCE, Canada’s largest communications company Canada, has released its 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report.
The externally audited report contains detailed performance data for key corporate responsibility initiatives. Available online only, the report addresses issues that are most relevant to the company’s stakeholders in 5 main sections: Customers, Community, Environment, Workplace and Economy. Among the highlights for 2012:
- Bell Let’s Talk commitment to mental health increased to $62,043,289.30
- $140 million invested to improve customer service systems
- Bell technicians arrived on time for service appointments more than 98% of the time
- Total of 38 buildings certified BOMA BESt
- Customer satisfaction with technicians surpassed 92%
- $3.51 billion capital invested to expand next-generation fibre and mobile networks
- 73.4% of waste diverted from landfill
- Maintained ISO 14001 certification for Environmental Management System for 5th straight year
- 29.5% of bills produced by Bell were electronic, 6.9 percentage points over 2011 and 1.1 points over objective
- Recovered 159,524 mobile phones for a total of 1,225,428 since 2003
- 77% of team members said they are proud to work for Bell.
The report notes that BCE wins many social and environmental awards every year and is included in several leading global sustainability indices including the FTSE4Good Global Index and the Jantzi Social Index.
The full report is available at: http://www.bce.ca/assets/widgets/Responsibility/CR-report-2012/EN/2012_CR_report_en.pdf
As Canada’s largest communications company, Bell provides consumers and businesses with a full range of telecommunications services such as TV, Internet, wireless, home phone and business communications solutions. Bell Media is Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV, Canada’s #1 television network, and the country’s most-watched specialty channels. Bell is wholly owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE).