ReportAlert.info - Bell Canada Publishes 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report
August 5, 2014 /3BL Media/ - BCE, Canada’s largest communications company Canada, has released its 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report.
The externally audited report contains detailed performance data for key corporate responsibility initiatives. Available online only, the report addresses issues that are most relevant to the company’s stakeholders in 5 main sections: Customers, Community, Environment, Workplace and Economy. Among the highlights for 2013:
- Bell Let’s Talk commitment to mental health increased to $67.5 million
- Made largest ever corporate contribution to Kids Help Phone – $2.5 million
- $246.9M invested in new French and English language TV, radio and film content
- Fibe TV footprint reached more than 4.3 million households
- 21 secure, broadband-connected hosting centres in key markets
- Canada’s first telecom signatory to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
- Named to the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World by Corporate Knights
- Named one of Top 50 Most Responsible Companies in Maclean’s–Sustainalytics 2013 Ranking
- Only Canadian telecom to earn a top spot in the CDP 2013 Climate Disclosure Leadership Index
- Total of 42 buildings certified BOMA BESt
- Maintained ISO 14001 certification for Environmental Management System for 5th straight year
- 39.1% of bills produced by Bell were electronic, 9.6 percentage points over 2012
- Recovered 194,955 mobile phones for a total of more than1.4 million phones since 2003
- 81% of team members said they are proud to work for Bell
- Invested more than $17.9 million in employee training
The report notes that BCE wins many social and environmental awards every year and is included in several leading global sustainability indices including the FTSE4Good Global Index and the Jantzi Social Index.
As Canada’s largest communications company, Bell provides consumers and businesses with a full range of telecommunications services such as TV, Internet, wireless, home phone and business communications solutions. Bell Media is Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV, Canada’s #1 television network, and the country’s most-watched specialty channels. Bell is wholly owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE).