ReportAlert.info - Bell Canada publishes its 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report
(3BL Media) July 3, 2012 - BCE, the largest communications company in Canada, has just released its 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report.
For the ninth consecutive year in 2011, BCE received a perfect 10/10 rating from GovernanceMetrics International in its global corporate governance study. BCE is one of only 43 companies (top 1 percent) to achieve this highest score. BCE is also included in several leading global sustainability indices including the FTSE4Good Global Index and the Jantzi Social Index
The report contains detailed performance data as well as qualitative descriptions of several key corporate responsibility initiatives. The five main sections of this electronic report address the issues that are most relevant to the company’s customers, including:
- Community: Through its flagship Bell Let’s Talk mental health initiative, Bell continues to promote mental health across Canada by funding research and access to treatment, introducing workplace best practices, and fighting stigma
- Environment: Bell takes environmental protection into account in all its operations, adhering to the strictest guidelines for the efficient use of energy and resources, and providing products and services, such as teleconferencing, e-billing and cloud data hosting centres that enable customers and suppliers to address their own climate change objectives.
- Customers: In addition to investing heavily to improve customer service, Bell is growing broadband connectivity faster and extending it farther than any other company, providing more customers with state-of-the-art services.
- Workplace: As well as being committed to the strictest governance standards and to the promotion of diversity, Bell makes every effort to provide work environments that ensure the health and safety of team members and enable them to realize their potential.
- Economy: Bell’s strong financial performance and commitment to research and innovation make it one of Canada’s leading companies in the generation of wealth through the creation of thousands of high-value jobs and the stimulation of business and commerce.
The full report is available at: http://www.bce.ca/en/responsibility/
Read this announcement online http://www.reportalert.info/reportprofile.php?ID=47477&year=2012
See all recent CSR report announcements here http://www.ReportAlert.info