ReportAlert.info - British American Tobacco (LON:BATS) Publishes Sustainability Summary Report 2012
March 26, 2013 /3BL Media/ - British American Tobacco’s Sustainability Summary Report presents a picture of why sustainability matters, key activities and performance in each area of the Group’s sustainability agenda, as well as progress made on last year’s goals and goals and commitments for 2013.
This is complemented by additional sustainability information on www.bat.com and performance data for the Group, regions and nine largest markets, as well as reporting against the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) indicators, at www.bat.com/sustainability/data.
For the first time, the Report is also available as a free app for iPad and Android tablets, including videos and interactive content, which can be downloaded at www.bat.com/sr2012.
The Group’s Chief Executive, Nicandro Durante, states: “To grow our business we must operate sustainably – creating shared value for our shareholders and society in a challenging and changing landscape.”
- The acquisition of an electronic cigarette company and preparations to launch a regulatory-approved nicotine inhalation product in the UK, which as an alternative to conventional cigarettes, offers significantly reduced health risks.
- The launch of the Group’s new International Marketing Principles.
- 41% reduction in CO2 equivalent emissions from the 2000 baseline.
- 96% of contracted farmers’ wood fuel for curing did not come from natural forest (against a target of zero use of natural forest by 2015).
- 25% female Main Board representation and 32% of women in management roles.
- 20% reduction in reported lost workday cases.
The Report and performance data has been independently assured by Ernst & Young LLP, guided by AA1000 Assurance Standard (2008) and ISAE 3000.
To order hard copies, please contact email@example.com.
About British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s most international tobacco companies, with brands sold in more than 180 markets and employing more than 55,000 people worldwide.