ReportAlert.info - City Developments Limited (SIN:CO9) publishes Sustainability Report 2013
June 17, 2013 /3BL Media/ - “We aspire to be a responsible global corporate citizen. We believe that sustainability is integral to business excellence and challenge ourselves to conduct best practices and conserve resources, for future generations to meet their needs.” Kwek Leng Joo, Managing Director, City Developments Limited
As City Developments Limited (CDL) celebrates its 50th Anniversary in 2013, it remains committed to performing credibly and maintaining a balanced Triple Bottom Line. CDL’s sixth Sustainability Report 2013, “Changing the Landscape”, is available online at www.cdl.com.sg/sustainabilityreport2013.
For the second year running, the Report has achieved Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Level A+ using the G3.1 guidelines as well as the Construction and Real Estate Sector Supplement (CRESS). It documents progress in four key areas: People Engagement, Product Stewardship, Community Partnership and Environmental Conservation.
Highlights of CDL’s 2013 Report include:
- Updates to Corporate Governance and policies relating to Anti-Corruption, Fraud and Competition
- 11% reduction in carbon intensity emissions from baseline year 2007
- Continued efforts in championing Green buildings with increased number of BCA Green Mark awarded projects at GoldPlus and Platinum tiers
- Increased efforts to raise awareness with builders about human rights and labour practices
- Flagship community initiatives expanded with greater outreach and impact
CDL welcomes questions and/or feedback about its CSR programme and reporting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Singapore's property pioneer, City Developments Limited (CDL) is a listed international property and hotel conglomerate with over 30,000 luxurious and quality homes to its name. CDL has been leading the industry with green building innovation since the 1990s and is the first Singapore corporation to be recognised on three global sustainability benchmarks - the FTSE4Good Index Series (since 2002), the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World (since 2010) and Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (since 2011).
For more information on CDL, please visit www.cdl.com.sg.