ReportAlert.info - Coca-Cola Enterprises (NYSE:CCE) publishes 2010 Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Report
Coca-Cola Enterprises Publishes its Sixth CRS Report and Seeks Continued Stakeholder Input on 2020 Commitments
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) June 29, 2011 - Coca-Cola Enterprises (NYSE/NYSE Euronext Paris: CCE) released today its sixth company-wide Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CRS) Report, Committed to 2020: Shaping a Sustainable Future in Europe.
The Report is CCE’s first as a European company and provides a detailed overview of its progress towards Commitment 2020, the company’s CRS targets and goals in its focus areas. The report also reviews how CCE is engaging with stakeholders across its European territories to discuss what sustainability leadership entails and the implications for CCE as a European company.
Some of CCE's key achievements highlighted in the report are:
- Reduced overall carbon footprint by 35,600 tonnes (four percent) from 2009, while growing business volume by four percent
- Invested $8.1 million in making cold drinks equipment more efficient and installed 2,800 doors on open-fronted coolers
- Reduced water use ratio to 1.42 liters of water per liter of product, down six percent from 1.51 liters in 2009
- Announced £5 million investment in a joint venture with ECO Plastics to develop a new purpose-built recycling facility in Lincolnshire, Great Britain
- Reduced the amount of packaging used by 35,000 tonnes, meeting the target the company set in 2008
- Recovered 99.5 percent of waste at manufacturing facilities
- Launched PlantBottle in Norway and Sweden
- Invested $4.3 million to support a range of community initiatives aligned with CRS focus areas
This is CCE’s first ever independently audited report which has received assurance from a third-party verification organization, moving from ‘B’ to ‘B+’ level compliance with the Global Reporting Initiative.
The report can be accessed at http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/CCEnterprises/2011/?ID=39362. Comments and feedback related to the report are welcome at email@example.com.