ReportAlert.info - Cognizant Technology Solutions (NASDAQ:CTSH) publishes Sustainability Report 2010
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) June 23, 2011 - In its first Sustainability Report, Cognizant speaks to the dynamic changes shaping the Future of Work—globalization, millennials, virtualization, and cloud technology. The report, “Responsibility at Work,” follows the Global Reporting Initiative’s G3 Guidelines and is based on five themes:
- Commitment to customers - Cognizant helps customers reduce operational costs, embrace best practices, and undergo sustainable business transformation. Over 90% of Cognizant’s clients expressed high customer satisfaction in an independent survey.
- Educating the future – Through Cognizant’s Outreach program, over 8,000 volunteers positively impacted the lives of over 130,000 school children in 2010. Cognizant donated $10 million toward improving education worldwide and inspiring young learners in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Governance and ethics - As Cognizant’s CEO states, “Our winning mentality isn’t just about doing great things. It’s about doing great things the right way.” Over 91% of Cognizant’s employees completed Code of Ethics training.
- Stewards of the environment - Cognizant is committed to energy conservation, waste reduction, and recycling. In 2010, Cognizant moved to No. 138 on the Newsweek Green Rankings, up from 449 in 2009, and reduced per-capita CO2 emissions by 28% since 2008, exceeding our 25% reduction target.
- Responsibility at work - Cognizant’s skilled workforce crossed the 100,000 mark in 2010, and the company continues to invest in developing its associates, with over 7.1 million hours of training delivered and industry-leading employee satisfaction scores. Cognizant also launched a Global Women’s Initiative in 2010.
Download the report: http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/Cognizant/2011/?ID=39184
Email us: email@example.com.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting and business process outsourcing services. Headquartered in Teaneck, N.J., Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com