ReportAlert.info - Delhaize (EBR:DELB) publishes 2010 CR Report
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) June 16, 2011 - Delhaize Group, the Belgian international food retailer presents its latest Corporate Responsibility (CR) Progress Report. For the first time the report adopts a new short format, and is published online only, on the website of the Group, as well as the website of its operating companies in six countries and three continents: http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/Delhaize/2011/?ID=39068
The 2010 CR report presents Delhaize Group’s latest steps in its journey to sustainability. It is a summary report that provides a concise view of the Group’s CR performance against its CR strategy and goals and highlights the achievements from the Group’s operating companies. Clear links throughout the report provide more detailed information.
The report is structured around the Group’s CR strategy and covers most material challenges for its business. The report presents results for each of the Group’s CR strategic areas: healthy products, healthy people and healthy planet and their respective focus areas.
2010 highlights for the Group include:
- Healthier products through the reformulation of nearly 2 000 products at Delhaize Belgium (cutting out tonnes of salt, sugar and fats) and through aggressive salt reduction goals at Delhaize America
- The launch of sustainable seafood policies at Delhaize Belgium and Delhaize America
- The participation of 73% of the Group employees in one-to-one performance dialogues
- The opening of the first state-of-the-art green store in Greece (at Alfa Beta)
- A 63% increase in energy generated from on-site solar panels across the Group
To keep the pace going and readers timely informed about the CR activities taking place at its different banners, Delhaize Group also launched a CR-dedicated blog (http://blog.delhaizegroup.com/) and added a CR tab to its Facebook page (http://www.Facebook.com/DelhaizeGroup).
For additional information please see Delhaize Group website: http://www.delhaizegroup.com