ReportAlert.info - Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) Publishes 2012 Corporate Sustainability Report
July 8, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Hess has released its 2012 Corporate Sustainability Report (CSR), describing its efforts to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship and create a long lasting positive impact on the communities where the company does business. The report can be viewed at www.hess.com/sustainability/reports.aspx.
This year’s report details Hess’ programs and performance in the areas of governance, social responsibility, safety and health, workforce, climate change and energy and environment. Highlights include:
- Investing more than USD $40 million in education, health and community development projects in more than 20 countries
- Launching a Security and Human Rights Toolkit for country managers
- Achieving a 13% improvement in the workforce (employee + contractor) safety rate
- Implementing a focused process safety program across the enterprise
- Continuing a multi-year investment of more than USD $1.2 billion in its North Dakota operations to improve gas gathering infrastructure, monetize gas recovery and minimize flaring
- Attaining an absolute GHG emissions reduction of 26 percent against its 2008 baseline, mainly attributable to discontinued operations
The 2012 CSR was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3.1/Oil & Gas Sector Supplement guidelines to an A+ application level. The content of the report was also informed by the reporting guidelines and indicators in the Oil and Gas Industry Guidance on Sustainability Reporting (December 2010) developed by IPIECA, the oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues, and the American Petroleum Institute.
Hess welcomes your comments as well as requests for printed copies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. For more information, visit hess.com.