ReportAlert.info - Marks and Spencer (LON:MKS) publishes 2011 How We Do Business Report
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) June 9, 2011 - Four years on from the launch of Plan A, UK retailer Marks & Spencer’s 2011 How We Do Business Report provides an assured update on progress for all 180 of its commitments.
For the first time assured to AA1000AS, the report shows how M&S has:
- Generated a net benefit of £70m from Plan A
- Reduced carbon emissions by 13%
- Improved energy efficiency by 23%
- Reduced waste by 34% and recycled 94%
- Reduced packaging by 26% and Food carrier bags by 80%
- Improved sustainable sourcing of wild fish to 90% and wood to 76%
- Opened a Sustainable Learning Store in Sheffield, the world’s first major 100% LED lighting and 100% FSC ‘build and fit out’ store.